Disney Plus

mike_taylormike_taylor Member Posts: 19
Has disney + will be starting in one weeks time 24th march will the app be on youview boxes next week.
Sky tv ,LG smart tv, roku,amazon firestick,xbox 1 ,ps4, plus many more devices all getting the app, do we have to buy one of these or will it be on youview.

Comments

  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 169
    No
    It will arrive on youview via now tv towards the end of the year.
    This is Sky's decision and nothing to do with youview.
  • mike_taylormike_taylor Member Posts: 19
    edited 17 March 2020, 7:11PM
    its nothing to with sky or now tv there agreement with disney  is to be able  to add the price of disney+ to there packages.
    Other company`s can have a stand alone app.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭
    Will Disney+ be on YouView? - Yes.
    Its the how and when which is unknown. Its been stated on various websites that it will be available on Sky Q immediately, but on and via Now TV towards the end of the year. However, YouView is a standalone platform and so may launch a standalone Disney+ app which would cut out Sky as a middle-man, but no announcements are ever made until new services are ready to launch.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 169
    Well Britbox launched last November and not scheduled for youview till June at the earliest so I wouldn't expect Disney just yet.
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Well Britbox launched last November and not scheduled for youview till June at the earliest...
    And three days ago...
    kodikid said:
    Officially it will land on youview in the second quarter,  so any time between April and June. 

    Who should I believe?  :p
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm just puzzled what Britbox has to do with the Disney+launch?
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 169
    edited 17 March 2020, 9:14PM
    its nothing to with sky or now tv there agreement with disney  is to be able  to add the price of disney+ to there packages.
    Other company`s can have a stand alone app.


    🤔
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 169
    edited 17 March 2020, 9:17PM
    jimb said:
    kodikid said:
    Well Britbox launched last November and not scheduled for youview till June at the earliest...
    And three days ago...
    kodikid said:
    Officially it will land on youview in the second quarter,  so any time between April and June. 

    Who should I believe?  :p
    🤣
    just to confirm 2nd quarter is April May June, 

  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    jimb said:
    kodikid said:
    Well Britbox launched last November and not scheduled for youview till June at the earliest...
    And three days ago...
    kodikid said:
    Officially it will land on youview in the second quarter,  so any time between April and June. 

    Who should I believe?  :p
    🤣
    just to confirm 2nd quarter is April May June, 

    Just to confirm April is two months earlier than June.  ;)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,669 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 March 2020, 12:32AM
    Just to confirm kodidikidd doesn't really know. And I spelt that deliberately. Because no one knows. Any posts that declare such should be regarded as speculation because thats all they are.
Sign In or Register to comment.