Latest episode of Countdown not on Channel 4's All4 service

The latest episode of Countdown isn't yet on All4. I usually watch every afternoon and am slightly disapointed and am wondering what reasons there could be It is currently 4.15pm on 10/03/20. Could it be they have suspended working on the service because of Coronavirus? 

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,549 admin
    Hi @Imitation700mb
    Welcome to the forum.
    We're not aware of any changes Channel 4 have made due to COVID-19 that would affect content going onto All4. Channel 4 are in control of the content they add to All4 on the various different platforms so we would suggest you reach out to them directly. Their number is: 0345 076 0191
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 did it again yesterday - Friday’s Countdown not available on YouView anywhere in the backward EPG, and not even on All4 on YouView, which only offered Thursday’s episode as the latest.

And yet it was readily available on the All4 app on our Samsung TV.

So Channel 4 must have added it on there, but missed it off both YouView places; or maybe the YouView EPG is driven off what All4 on the particular platform offers?

First time I’ve noticed any differential in what the All4 app offers us, though.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 April 2020, 6:41PM
    I've always wondered this - why don't many users today choose to record content instead of relying on apps to catch them up? As recordings don't have an expiry date?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 277
    So true 
    There's nothing worse then going to watch a particular tv programme and discovering it's not on catch up. 
    Everything I don't want to miss goes straight on to the PVR.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Visionman said:
    I've always wondered this - why don't many users today choose to record content instead of relying on apps to catch them up? As recordings don't have an expiry date?
    In this case, it is because this YouView box runs with about 3% free space, and I am saving that for the things I really, really don’t want to miss.

Countdown, except for the finals, is just a nice to have... And while recordings indeed don’t have an expiry date, that is only a factor once they have been successfully made.

Whih, as several recent postings will attest, is not a given at the moment.😦
    edited 19 April 2020, 1:30AM
    Its not possible to run a box at 3% capacity as 10% of the disc is reserved for push content. Thats a fact.
    edited 19 April 2020, 3:59PM
    @Visionman @kodikid

That’s an assertion. This is a fact....

Ah, I get what you mean now. Its 7% free after the disc's reservation for push content, I think. @Stephen?
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, yeah, semantics etc. though. The readout on screen is usage of potential user manual recording space. Other actual drive space is reserved for databases and stuff, as well as the push space/partition, which was in the original spec but unused and I think may have been reclaimed on some model boxes in an update a very long time ago, though my recollection is foggy.
    Stephen said:
    I mean, yeah, semantics etc. though. The readout on screen is usage of potential user manual recording space. Other actual drive space is reserved for databases and stuff, as well as the push space/partition, which was in the original spec but unused and I think may have been reclaimed on some model boxes in an update a very long time ago, though my recollection is foggy.

Thanks for that. How are you holding up buddy in these strange times? Sarah's told me your all still working from home. 
    edited 20 April 2020, 3:47PM
    Visionman said:
    Ah, I get what you mean now. Its 7% free after the disc's reservation for push content, I think. @Stephen?
    Yes, I just read the number off the screen. I know there’s an overhead, and not all of the 500GB is available to me, so I figure the above is showing 7% of the lesser, available, amount.

Up from 3% after a bit of a trawl and some judicious weeding..... 🍁🍂🥀
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:
    Yes, I just read the number off the screen. I know there’s an overhead, and not all of the 500MB is available to me, so I figure the above is showing 7% of the lesser, available, amount.

There wouldn't be much space on that hard drive for recording @Roy. 500GB I think - :D
    John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    Anaglypta said:
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:
    Yes, I just read the number off the screen. I know there’s an overhead, and not all of the 500MB is available to me, so I figure the above is showing 7% of the lesser, available, amount.

There wouldn't be much space on that hard drive for recording @Roy. 500GB I think - :D
    John.
    Ha ha - true! But would you believe that back in the late 70’s, I ran Hornby Hobbies entire IT setup on 120MB of disc and 120KB of main memory?

It worked too, as those of you who got a train set or a Scalextric for Christmas back then may recall.....🚂🏎
    OK, Channel 4 did it again yesterday, Thursday 23rd April; Countdown not available when we came to watch it at 16:30 on YouView, but perfectly well available on the All4 app on our Samsung TV.

Today’s Countdown, Friday 24th was fine though on YouView; and stepping back a day in the EPG showed that the Thursday episode was now available also.