delete recordings

junejune Member Posts: 1
Anything i record i can delete with no problem. The problem i have when i watch something on catch up it also goes into my recordings and i can not delete them. Anyone know the answer?  thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2020, 6:49AM
    june said:
    Anything i record i can delete with no problem. The problem i have when i watch something on catch up it also goes into my recordings and i can not delete them. Anyone know the answer?  thanks
    Hi @june and welcome to the Community!

The catchup programme doesn’t actually go into your Recordings - it goes into your MyTV history, which I think is where you are seeing it.

From here, you can find it under Watch List by pressing Down Arrow twice at the MyTV display, and then arrowing right from Recordings.

From Watch List, you can delete it by selecting it and pressing DEL, bottom right on your remote.

It will then no longer appear under MyTV.

(Tested on a retail T2000 [EDIT] and a BT T4000 [END EDIT] - may or may not apply on other models).
    Who would have thought it? My little two-person business made about £15.65m more profit last year than YouView did....  :p
  • zulu17zulu17 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭
    @Roy I checked your suggested method on the BT T4000 and that works fine.
    An alternative You also normally get an option for to Remove from MyTV if you use the info I button  on the catchup  programmthe in the  the My Tv  mini history.  ( that doesn't work for EXPIRED On Demand content.)

• RoyRoy Member Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @zulu17

I tried it later on my T4000, where it indeed works also.

Your I/Remove suggestion is more streamlined when removing one or two entries; the Watch List method wins only on bulk (and for expired).

But it looks like YouView may have missed a trick by not simply allowing Select/DEL in the mini history. As far as I can see, this does nothing at the moment, and so could have been used for this.

Who would have thought it? My little two-person business made about £15.65m more profit last year than YouView did....  :p