Recordings finishing early

GrahamDGrahamD Member Posts: 2
This discussion was created from comments split from: Recordings start and finish early.

Comments

• GrahamDGrahamD Member Posts: 2
    We have the same problem, with a Huawei DN372T.01.02.P, running the latest software. most recordings start and finish early, by approx. 2mins. I'm certain that it's affecting more than one broadcaster, but I need to check that.
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin
    Hi @GrahamD

Welcome to the forum :) 

I've moved your post to it's own thread as the thread you posted on is a bit old. 

Can you please let us know some examples of recordings that start/finish early (including the channel, time and programme name)? Are you experiencing any very short/partial recordings or are these just clipping the end? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • KieranFitz3KieranFitz3 Member Posts: 2
    I am having this problem with some recordings.  e.g. just watched Wolf Hall recorded on 7th April 2020 BBC 4 at 10 p.m..   This stopped just before the end.   
  • KieranFitz3KieranFitz3 Member Posts: 2
    Correction Wolf Hall was on Monday 13th April at 11 p.m.
  • MuddyRonMuddyRon Member Posts: 2
    We are having the same issues on practically every recording, regardless of the channel. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭
    MuddyRon said:
    We are having the same issues on practically every recording, regardless of the channel. 
    @MuddyRon

Follow the advice I gave under your other posting, and see if that fixes this also.

If not, we can offer some more drastic resets.

For any single programme, the workaround for a clipped ending can be to record the following programme also, when you will find the missed ending at the start of that second programme.

However, this is designed to combat incorrectly issued present/following markers from the broadcasters, and may not be effective in your circumstances.

But if you can try it, and see what happens, this may shed some more light on your issues.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris