Freesat & Youview remotes clashing

legend53legend53 Member Posts: 1
Hi All, 1st post and need advice. Just about a new Freesat box due to poor aerial reception in bad weather. However the freesat remote also turns on the existing BT Youview box and vice versa. Can't find how to change frequencies on remotes and no response from freesat. Has anyone else solved this problem. Many thanks.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,621 ✭✭✭
    legend53 said:
    Hi All, 1st post and need advice. Just about a new Freesat box due to poor aerial reception in bad weather. However the freesat remote also turns on the existing BT Youview box and vice versa. Can't find how to change frequencies on remotes and no response from freesat. Has anyone else solved this problem. Many thanks.

Hi @legend53 and welcome to the Community!

We know that you cannot change this for YouView boxes; for those with two YouView boxes, draping a black cloth over the magic eye of the one you don’t want affected is recommended. 

The magic eye on the T2000 is about halfway between the On/Standby button and the centre ring; you can see it behind the fascia if you shine a torch on it. I don’t know where it is on the BT ones.

To narrow this down, what is the make and model number of your YouView box?

As for your Freesat box, Freesat is a generic name for the service, so to help you any further, we would need the make and model number.

(I suspect we are dealing with two Humaxes here. But which ones?)

Have you read through the manual, though? If it does it at all, it ought to be in there somewhere.

But if not, please come back with more details.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • John C1John C1 Member Posts: 33
    I haven't checked through the entire thread but if it's one of the just launched 4K Arris Freesat boxes, see this post in this thread.

From DigitalSpy: "Freesat have specified/allowed Arris to use the same IR remote code subset as the Humax boxes use. Fixed to ID set 1 - just like You View boxes"