TalkTalk TV poor picture quality

dave1957dave1957 Member Posts: 1
I have TalkTalk Broadband and TV, no complaints about the broadband, it gives me great picture quality on Amazon Prime and via my Sky Now TV box but the quality on TalkTalk TV is very poor in comparison and that includes Sky Cinema, which I’m probably going to cancel and get via my Sky Now TV box...why?

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 228
    edited 16 May 2020, 9:24AM
    Talk talk is the most complained about service provider. (Trust pilot)
    The youview box is prehistoric 
    The sagemcom router is a vast improvement over its predecessor (HG633) which excelled in awfulness but is still pretty rudimentary.

Put them all together and you have the perfect storm of mediocrity.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,609 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Talk talk is the most complained about service provider. (Trust pilot)
    The youview box is prehistoric 
    The sagemcom router is a vast improvement over its predecessor (HG633) which excelled in wakefulness but is still pretty rudimentary.

Put them all together and you have the perfect storm of mediocrity.
    Prehistoric indeed. I expect some of them came out when you were in nappies.

But in case you haven’t noticed, there isn’t just one YouView box, there are about a dozen or more, of all different origins and vintages.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭
    dave1957 said:
    I have TalkTalk Broadband and TV, no complaints about the broadband, it gives me great picture quality on Amazon Prime and via my Sky Now TV box but the quality on TalkTalk TV is very poor in comparison and that includes Sky Cinema, which I’m probably going to cancel and get via my Sky Now TV box...why?

When they launched, TalkTalk made a commercial decision to broadcast in SD only. So if your watching on a 4K television it must be murder. But HD TVs tend to upscale it well usually. From memory SD is 2.9Mbps in H264.
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 228
    Another plus of getting  Sky movie's though Now tv is they are always throwing brilliant deals at you if you "threaten " to leave. 
    In any calendar year I probably pay full pass price probably 2 or 3 times.
    Ignore this if you disagree.