How do I Play a recording?

jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 8
With a new DTR 12000 It`s working fine with a scart plug to a Bang and Olufsen CRT set.Perfect picture.I can record with the red R button. But how do I play it ?   The instruction manual completely forgot that tiny detail .

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,609 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 May 2020, 8:36AM
    ITYM DTR-T2100.

And it’s on page 34 of my manual.

Having selected the required programme among the recordings you have made, press the button on the remote which has a right-pointing arrow on it - like this ▶️ (except that the button is round on the remote).

Is your Beovision widescreen? There will be issues if not.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 8
    Roy    The book says see (in my ) Page 13 for how to play your recordings.It talks about My View. I don`t have MyView. I have MyTV.  That`s where I fell into their carefully prepared Elephant Trap .  
    It`s not fair to describe all this confusion as Programming. It`s a scatty disorganised way to confuse people .Programmers are not very organised people .They are almost as bad as designers .  
  • jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 8
    Roy     The Beovision is widescreen . At present it`s showing the San Francisco cable car with passengers standing outside it in the breeze . Now there`s an idea for the Covid19 world to come .Combine that with Indian trains and passengers on the roof as well .
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,609 ✭✭✭
    jonjoseph said:
    Roy    The book says see (in my ) Page 13 for how to play your recordings.It talks about My View. I don`t have MyView. I have MyTV.  That`s where I fell into their carefully prepared Elephant Trap .  
    It`s not fair to describe all this confusion as Programming. It`s a scatty disorganised way to confuse people .Programmers are not very organised people .They are almost as bad as designers .  
    Yes, the Guide is out of date. Maybe there should at least be a flyer in the box explaining the terminology and placement changes, or referring you to the web for the latest changes.

But the User Guides say :- YouView design, user interface, specifications and content services available on YouView subject to change without notice
    and:-
    Note The latest version of the YouView user guide is available to download at www.youview.com/support

Though maybe the T2000 manual could do with a spruce-up.

Did we ever determine what model of box you actually have?
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.