BT UHD box can't delete recording in progress

tonirauchtonirauch Member Posts: 4
I have a BT UHD 4K box. I've tried numerous methods to cancel a recording in progress, which don't work.  I go to My TV/Recordings, I 'highlight' the programme in question and press the red 'record' button and get a menu option to stop the current recording, stop entire series, or 'back.' Whichever I choose, the box continues with the recording and I can't delete it until it's finished recording. I've tried the same sequence using the 'delete' button. This only seems to happen on 'terrestrial' tv (as opposed to the 'extra' internet-based channels.  Please help!

Comments

• Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator, Super User Posts: 77 admin
    Hi @tonirauch

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having some issues, this is something we are currently looking into so would we be able to ask a few questions to help us investigate?

• Firstly could you let us know the Software Version on your box, this can be found via the Settings menu.
    • Could you list some example programmes this is happening on? Any screenshots you can provide would also be very helpful.
    • Are you, or have you ever tried recording on Sony Movies?
    • If so, are these recordings "split instance" movies (where there is a short news break between parts 1 and 2 of a movie)?
    • Are you able to cancel the recordings by any means - via the Guide or via Live TV as well as via MyTV?
    • If no, could you try tuning (if possible) to an IP channel (or internet channel) to see if this allows you to then choose a programme to cancel?
    The more information you can provide, the better :smile:

Thank you,
    Louise.
  • tonirauchtonirauch Member Posts: 4
    Hi Louise.
    The manufacturer software version id 32.43.0.
    The Component software version is 3.6.174 (7bc590).
    The problem seems to be relating to 'terrestrial' channels (BBC1, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 etc.). I've never tried recording Sony Movies, and the recordings with this problem aren't 'split'.
    I do seem able to stop active recordings on some IP channels, but not 'freeview'/terrestrial ones. As long as the programmes have finished recording, I can delete as normal. 
    The problem only relates to programmes WHILST they're recording....
    Thanks,
    Toni.