BT app not connecting to DN372T

Ian Brown1Ian Brown1 Member Posts: 49
edited 20 June 2020, 1:02PM in Support
Hi my DN372T just received the latest s/w update. It is now running 72.48.91. I am still unable to connect via the BT app. The BT app can find my box but when I try to pair it, I receive the error message Sorry - there's a problem with error code AY180.

I am not sure if this makes a difference but I have a talktalk box and I am on talktalk fibre broadband but I do not pay for the TV service.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Ian

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭
    @Ian Brown1

Pair it with what?
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • Ian Brown1Ian Brown1 Member Posts: 49
    I am trying to pair the DN372T with the BT app so I can set recordings from my phone
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 256 ✭✭
    There should not be a problem pairing the app and box. I have the same box and have linked 2 mobile devices to the box.
    Try uninstalling the app and also delete any previous devices that may be linked to the box in the box settings.
    Reinstall the app and restart your phone and soft reset your box by holding the power button for a few seconds until the box restarts.
    Hopefully you will then be able to pair them, but if not, how is the box connected to the router? Direct or via powerlines? If the latter are you able to connect the box directly to the router and try again?
    I am trying to pair the DN372T with the BT app so I can set recordings from my phone
    I rather gathered that. 

I was more hoping for the make and model of the phone you are trying to pair.
    Roy,
    Apologies. I misunderstood your question (I thought it strange...). I am using an iPhone 6 with the latest IOS update installed.

Steve,

I followed the steps you suggested but still the same error. The box is currently connected via powerlines. I have not tried connecting the box directly to the router yet. To do that, I would have to move the router and a monitor to the room the router is in. The BT app can see that I have a DN372T as it identifies that as the box that is available for pairing. It just fails to pair for some reason. My phone was previously paired with the box when I was using the Youview app. I have removed that pairing from the box (before the soft reboot).

Any other suggestions?

Ian
    @Ian Brown1

😛

iOS devices are usually reliable as regards pairing (if YouView/BT get one right, it means they ought to be sure they have got the lot right) whereas the various Androids about have some weird and wonderful variants, some of which have caught the app out in the past, or vice versa.

So the BT App detects the DN372T, and you choose it to pair with, at which point a message should come up on the DN372T and ask if you want to Allow pairing, and you select Allow, and it pairs.

So where does it go wrong? No Allow message? Or do you get that, choose Allow, and it still doesn’t pair? Or a third thing?

How, exactly, it fails may assist with diagnosing the issue, though my money is on the PLAs. The suggestions above haven’t so far included rebooting the PLAs; this might help, and will avoid all the box shifting if so.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭
    There were reports of times when the Youview app wouldn't connect to the box unless mobile data was turned off on the phone.
    I don't know if the behaviour of the BT app is similar, but it might be worth giving it a try.
    edited 22 June 2020, 9:14PM
    I have not tried the powerline reboot yet (I will as soon as my son is off the internet) but I have tried turning off mobile data. This made no difference.

To give you the detailed sequence; Under settings I select TV box which is marked as not paired; I get the screen which says  turn on your TV and BT TV box and I select Next; It says finding your TV box and after a few seconds it displays a screen which has my box model at the top Huawei... DN372T.01.02... and the message Tap next to pair..; I hit Next and it displays a screen which says Allow connection on your BT TV box, You'll see a message on your TV...; after just a second or less (ie very quickly) a window pops up which says Sorry - there's a problem. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, please re-pair your device to your TV box. (AY180)

Update: I have just restarted the PLAs but still the same issue.