Wrong transmitter?

John5John5 Member Posts: 41
I have a typical setup with my aerial going into the youview box and then into the TV. I never have any issues watching the BBC news channel on 107 on my TV and the signal strength is pretty much full all the time. On the youview box it repeatedly tells me the quality is low although the picture is always absolutely fine as is the sound. Now my aerial points towards the Wenvoe transmitter in South Wales and the next transmitter would be the one over the water in England. I'm wondering if my TV is picking up the welsh channels and my youview box is picking up mostly welsh but 107 from England. I'm sure when I first had it it used to ask details of where I was from and which area to tune to and also gave out a load of 8nn numbered channels which included the BBC but in poor quality.

Is there any way of forcing a channel selection from my nearest transmitter?

Failing that is there any way of stopping this warning? It's incredibly annoying to have a massive black box warning of poor picture quality on the screen and a perfect picture behind it. My TV never shows poor quality signals like that attempting to make the best of a bad job and showing what it can.

Thanks

Comments

• John5John5 Member Posts: 41
    Should add. It's a BT youview box - the small one.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭
    @John5

Get a small passive attenuator (variable is best)  and put it in the aerial chain. Try to pick a position on the attenuator that picks up the intended transmitter, but not any 800 (secondary transmitter) channels.

Once tuned, you can probably remove it until the next time you want to retune the box.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • John5John5 Member Posts: 41
    Roy said:
    @John5

Get a small passive attenuator (variable is best)  and put it in the aerial chain. Try to pick a position on the attenuator that picks up the intended transmitter, but not any 800 (secondary transmitter) channels.

Once tuned, you can probably remove it until the next time you want to retune the box.
    I'll give it a go. They seem quite cheap