Wake up DN372T

jessminerjessminer Member Posts: 5
I have an issue with My Huwie DN372T and would be grateful fore some advise. the box will shut itself down when turned off by the remote, when switched on the box immediately goes into Wake Up mode then loses all recordings and logins to My Apps. Factory reset does not help or pressing power off for a period of time. Anyone else had this issue ?
. Talktalk support are worse than useless.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,787 ✭✭✭
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • jessminerjessminer Member Posts: 5
    Hi Roy,
    i have just put the box into smart mode and will try it again in 20 minutes as it normally shuts down after about 10-15 minutes once turned off by the remote
    thank you
    Thank you, quite why talktalk couldn't have told me that after two extended long phone chats is beyond me. I was at the point of returning my box out of frustration at the lack of support and their lack of  knowledge..again thank you, much appreciated. 
    The issue was not resolved in that, it appears when the TV is turned off by the switch on the side of TV this also affects the box ? When box is turned off by the remote and turned back on it does start in Smart mode ok 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,787 ✭✭✭
    @jessminer

Does the switch on the side of the TV cut the power to the YouView box?

If so, you will get what you are seeing, and you need to organise things so that the DN372T continues to have mains power to it all the time, even though you may leave it in standby.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
    You were were spot on... my fault. Thank you