NOW TV Sky Sports buffering

redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭
Footy is back, hurrah! Except I keep getting mini buffering dropouts, plus on one occasion a freeze of greater length which was only resolved by backing out of the app and back in again. Extremely irritating and disruptive in live sport as you might imagine.

This does not seem to be an issue on other devices so sadly I must eschew the YouView version, I certainly do not want to miss the moment Liverpool finally clinch the title.

Anybody else having this?

DTR T2000

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭
    Liverpool winning the title? Nah, not tonight.  :D
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭
    I'm watching Liverpool now and theres no buffering (HD feed).
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    I watched the Man Utd game with boost so 1080p 50fps and no buffering at all but I must admit I had to swap to a stick for the man Utd Tottenham game earlier in the week but even that was a struggle. I think NowTV struggles on high demand and varies at times and devices but all can struggle at busy periods. The epg driven versions should cope a lot better if anyone with the BT packages via epg could comment (sadly I dont have them so can’t)
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, thanks chaps. I wonder if they had underestimated demand and have subsequently increased server capacity? I imagine the Liverpool game was one of their busiest so far. I used my Chromecast to be on the safe side and it was fine throughout.