Series Record

johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
Why does my DN372T keep recording programs that I no longer want to watch. I have deleted series record when the series have finished yet I keep getting either a episode failed to record or an episode from any channel of any series.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭
    @johnnyshank

I recommend an Option 2 Maintenance Mode reset in the first place, see if that fixes it.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Sorry Roy Didn't work, the problem is that when you do that it keeps your recordings but removes all your scheduled recordings, then after doing that it recorded FBI that I had deleted prior to the reset. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 July 2020, 3:34PM
    Sorry Roy Didn't work, the problem is that when you do that it keeps your recordings but removes all your scheduled recordings, then after doing that it recorded FBI that I had deleted prior to the reset. 
    @johnnyshank

Well, we’ve all been reporting that our Scheduled recordings re-establish themselves after an MM reset, much to the apparent bewilderment of YouView, who say there is no provision for that.

Maybe they have slammed the door on it in a recent release...

So you lost all the Schedule entries that you thought you had, but a secret, hidden, one kicked in and recorded something you didn’t want from a Series you thought you had deleted?

Over to YouView for that one, then; I can’t see any hope that anyone here would have an answer. I daresay an MM5 would fix it, but I would want to see what YouView might have to suggest that is less drastic than that.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 87 admin
    Hi @johnnyshank

We have seen some evidence, as Roy says, of scheduled recordings repopulating on Humax devices after a Maintenance Mode reset, however on Huawei devices they are removed as expected.

Could you confirm whether you have any recorded episodes of the series that keeps returning on your box currently? And whether or not the unwanted programme recordings are also appearing as a scheduled recording? If so, have you deleted this series?

Thank you,
    Louise.
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    FBI which I have previously watched then deleted (episode and series) keeps returning as failed to record.

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Are you still in contract with TalkTalk? If so it might be worth posting on their forum for help.
    They will ask you to do a full factory reset as the maintenance mode has not worked, but if that fails they may well swap the box out for you (in which case you lose recordings anyway so worth trying if the issue is still occurring).
    Forum link here. 
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/bd-p/116