OriginTV

jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭
    Pay tv market is reaching saturation point. £13 monthly  seems very uncompetitive for what their offering. 
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of Origin. EE have just dumped Netgem as a box provider and jumped in bed with Apple TV 4K, which Roy often praises. £13 a month is a lot in todays competitive market and for that it doesn't appear they will be offering anything 'Premium'. What do you think jimb?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭
    @Visionman "I know nothing"  :)
    Just thought it was an interesting bit of news. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    I've never heard of Origin. EE have just dumped Netgem as a box provider and jumped in bed with Apple TV 4K, which Roy often praises. £13 a month is a lot in todays competitive market and for that it doesn't appear they will be offering anything 'Premium'. What do you think jimb?
    I don’t remember doing that, and I haven’t even got an Apple 4K box?

I used to praise the second-generation Apple TV boxes, but I don’t seem to need them for anything anymore.....
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:
    I don’t remember doing that, and I haven’t even got an Apple 4K box?

I used to praise the second-generation Apple TV boxes, but I don’t seem to need them for anything anymore.....

Then my apologies. I've obviously crossed wires with some of your previous Apple posts.
    Service wise, whats your favorite tipple atm? Also @Keith?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 July 2020, 9:00PM
    Visionman said:
    Service wise, whats your favorite tipple atm? Also @Keith?
    We’re service-agnostic really; we follow the programmes.  We’ve just finished My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New Name, the almost impossibly faithful dramatisation of Elena Ferrante’s second Neapolitan novel, on NowTV, and The Sinner, Season 3 on Netflix; gripping, though it got almost as silly as Season 2 did. Before that, we watched Ozark Season 3, again on Netflix, as good, and as unmissable, as ever.

We tried the opening pilot for Suits (Netflix again!) curious to see what Meghan Markle did before shacking up with Prince Harry, and somewhat to our surprise, really enjoyed it. Whip-smart dialogue, glossy locations, and all the crime (so far anyway) is white-collar. Think Mad Men crossed with ER, but without the Chem 7s. So 9 seasons beckon.

Nothing must-watch on Amazon Prime Video since Man In The High Castle and Little Fires Everywhere, but some good films for the Saturday evening projector sessions, so it’s not left out.

Nothing from Britbox since our belated visit to Wolf Hall, but it did that well enough. They haven’t yet(?) got the stuff I’d like to revisit, like The Glittering Prizes, for instance.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭
    We are still working our way through content on NowTV - not always the best but it is keeping us entertained and only costing £1.50 a month at the moment. I keep thinking we will run out of something to try on NowTV and then switch back to Netflix for a while (we enjoyed Suits through to series 7 when we were last on Netflix) - I expect we may reach that point this year but NowTV has had more for us to watch that I expected when we first tried it.
    I tried hard to like NowTV through the YouView box, but for me at least it was not always reliable, so I switched back to casting from the phone to the Sony TV.
    With the lack of much on terrestrial TV at the moment we are barely recording anything on the YouView box, and have even taken to watching up what was on there so we only have a couple of series tiles left to watch and then it will be empty.
    I'm not a football fan so the return of that has done nothing for my viewing habits. F1 is back this weekend though so that will give me a renewed interest :)
    Whilst I would broadly agree with Roy's comment in that we too follow the programmes, I would say I am perhaps a little more cost conscious (or is that miserly) and thus tend to only have one pay TV service at any one time, and am happy to go with a cheap one if it keeps me entertained for a while.