Lost channels after retune - BT DTRT2110

TommyTenlegsTommyTenlegs Member Posts: 4
Good afternoon. After retuning my BT Vision box last week, I have lost channels from 105 to 200 as well as others. I have tried a factory reset and, as advised by Freeview Help, a refund with aerial disconnected and then connected. Nothing works. The tuner on my Sony TV updated fine so it's presumably not the signal. I am in Cardiff and can see the Wenvoe transmitter mast from my house. Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    @TommyTenlegs

What channels do you see in the high 700’s, just beyond the radio channels?

Oh, and BT Vision died years ago, so hopefully you mean YouView....
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • TommyTenlegsTommyTenlegs Member Posts: 4
    Quite correct. I still have visions of Vision...
    I have 784 and 785 with a retune instruction, 800-807 with the West main channels then 808, BBC radio Bristol, 809 is BBC radio Wiltshire, 810 is E4 and that's it. No BBC4 HD at all.
    I've tried a couple of further retunes but an still missing those channels. Are there any ideas for what I could try short of buying a new youview box?
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 July 2020, 1:26PM
    A new box might not behave any differently @TommyTenlegs.
    In the last month there has been a lot of channel reorganisation going on due to loss of bandwidth, to make way for 5G mobile signals. The changes have caused confusion, but it should have settled down by now.
    BBC4 HD is on the com7 mux (group of channels). Com7 is one of the lower powered muxes, but that shouldn't be a problem if your aerial is in line-of-sight of the transmitter. The channels on the muxes that are transmitted from Wenvoe are listed here: https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Wenvoe. You will probably find that other com7 channels, such as BBC News HD, will be missing from your line-up as well.
    Your assumption that your signal is OK because your TV tuner updated fine isn't necessarily correct. Some tuners seem to be able to cope better than others with a less than ideal signal.
    What Signal Strength and Signal Quality readings to you get for BBC4 HD on your TV? You should be able to find the readings somewhere in the Settings menu.
    Have a look in the Youview box Settings menu, and get the SS and SQ readings for (say) E4 (Wales). E4 (Wales) is transmitted on com4, which is a similar strength mux to com7.
    Yes, I see what you mean. I had assumed that because the TV had found the channels that they were available it that is not the case. There is "no signal, please check your antenna connection" on BBC4HD and Quest HD. I can't find the SS and SQ options on my (Sony Bravia) TV.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    Which model of Sony Bravia TV have you got @TommyTenlegs? Perhaps somebody with a similar TV could tell us if the readings are available on that model, and if so, where to find them.
    On a Youview box the readings are in Settings, Signal and Connection, TV Signal Quality.
    SS and SQ readings taken from domestic TV equipment only give a rough idea of the condition of the aerial signal. An aerial engineer would assess your signal and advise you of a course of action.
  • BarryMorrisBarryMorris Member Posts: 1
    I have been getting a sporadic 'No signal' message on the channel 55 mux for a few days now, let's hope this is an issue with the transmitter that will be resolved soon.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    I have been getting a sporadic 'No signal' message on the channel 55 mux for a few days now, let's hope this is an issue with the transmitter that will be resolved soon.
    https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/check-engineering-work-tv-services
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.