Which devices to switch off at night?

jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 40
Now that I have a new tp switch for my new Youview I can still see lights blinking from the tp when I turn the tv and youview off  .But I have a power supply for the aerial socket too .  The Bang and Olufsen rtv people recommended to leave it on standby .  It`s too much lecky going out for nothing. Switch the lot off . Life is becoming a tightrope walk blindfold with no umbrella .

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 267 ✭✭
    If you turn them off, you won't receive updates, nothing will record. If you are including your router and turning this off and have DLM (dynamic line monitoring) by your line provider, they will see each switch off as an error and the line speed will be reduced.

You are best to keep everything on in standby.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭
    I took the top cover off my switch and addressed the blinkenlights with black insulating tape. 

What you save in electricity by turning everything off at night you will lose by electrically stressing your beloved B&O into early retirement, to say nothing of the considerations @Stevef_fr8ys raises.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Just to add that most modern devices , like those referred to here , are designed to remain powered on and the continual warming up and cooling down will eventually have an effect as suggested by @Roy . Besides which the energy saved is quite minimal.