press ok to restart in iplayer

1Welshman1Welshman Member Posts: 11
i live in wales , why is it when i watch bbc 1 wales  covid 19 briefing at 12:30 , if i miss the start it gives the option to   press ok to restart in player , i do this and what do i get BARGAIN HUNT  not the briefing.. why does the bbc think we all live in england  

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 361 ✭✭
    edited 7 July 2020, 9:48PM
    I have had the same issue on with BBCi Player on BBC1 Scotland for well over a month now with the briefing from Edinburgh at 12.30pm.
    I will be back to work sometime in August. After being off work since the end of March.
    So by then the daily briefings may have come to an end but it is a good question to ask.

Darren
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 July 2020, 9:55PM
    Change your Location in iPlayer Settings, Settings & Help, Other Settings, Change Location.
    edited 7 July 2020, 9:56PM
    I got the location on BBCi Player set to Scotland on the Youview boxes.

edited 7 July 2020, 9:58PM
    :/
    Probably best to ask the BBC then :).
    Did you get the correct location previously? By that I mean did you get BBC Scotland when you pressed OK to restart before the last month, or so?
    edited 7 July 2020, 10:28PM
    Yes I did get BBC Scotland when I pressed OK to restart programme up untill a month or so ago.
    It don't seem to really happen at the weekends just during the week.
    Thanks @Darren.
  • 1Welshman1Welshman Member Posts: 11
    i checked to see what location i am on and wales is showing so i changed it to england and then back to wales but is still shows B H  and not the bulletin .so i have decided to record it instead