Slow loading

Gazza1008Gazza1008 Member Posts: 3
I have recently linked my box to the Internet, since I've done this it is very slow loading anything, has anyone else had this problem? It is not my Internet speed as my smart tv works fine.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 July 2020, 9:57AM
    @Gazza1008

Greetings, and welcome to the Community!

How fast did it load things before you linked it to the internet, and what did it load then?

And what ‘things’ are we talking about? Programmes? The EPG?

When you link to the internet, you get extra information about programmes downloaded, as well as the information that comes over the air, so they will theoretically be slower to load, but this should be practically imperceptible.

AAMOI, what is your internet speed, as measured by a tool like Ookla Speedtest?
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • Gazza1008Gazza1008 Member Posts: 3
    It was really fast before when I used to load the epg and recordings, now it takes about 10 minutes just to change channels, my Internet speed is 30mbps 
  • Gazza1008Gazza1008 Member Posts: 3
    I think I've fixed it with the good old turn it off and on again, i should of tried that first, thanks so much for your help though 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭
    @Gazza1008

Yes, ‘The IT Crowd’ is much to be praised for the incidental technical help it dispenses 😛

10 minutes was ridiculous - you wonder what the box was thinking?

For a kinder and more thorough reset, though, next time you need one, touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds and let the box soft reset.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.