Minor sound Issue with the Now TV app.

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 363 ✭✭
edited 13 July 2020, 10:31AM in Support
It not a major issue but when using the Now TV app on the Youview box upstairs to watch live channels sometimes the sound will drop out for a second or two but it dont happen often.
It dont happen when watching live channels via the EPG in living room.
It also dont happen when watching Sky Box Sets anything else on demand via the Now TV app.
I read somewhere that one or two others had similar problems. 
Is this a known issue.

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,576 admin
    Hi @Darren
    Can you confirm which box this is happening on? Does this happen on any of your other boxes? It'd also be useful to know which live channels you've experienced this issue on. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 363 ✭✭
    edited 14 July 2020, 3:33PM
    @Sarah thanks for your replay.
    It happens on both my T2100 and T2110.
    There has been sound drop outs for a few seconds when watching Greys Anatomy and Station 19 on Sky witness. It also sometimes happens when watching Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Gold but not as much on Gold. Not sure if it happens on the Sky Cinema channels via the app as I mostly tend to watch Sky Cinema on demand if I want to watch a movie.
    I have only noticed it on this on live channels via the app on the boxes,
    Watching Sky Box sets via the Now TV app on the Youview boxes seem fine and have also not noticed the problem when watching the Now TV channels via the EPG.
    I have the Now TV big entertainment via BT TV.
    Thanks for this @Darren. Just to confirm, are these all the SD versions of the channels or do you have the HD boost? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    @Sarah I have the HD boost.
    Thanks for letting us know @Darren. Can you check if you have Surround Sound enabled in the Boost settings? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah

@Sarah surround sound is not enabled. Stereo is ticked.

• johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I have Huawei DN372T and have the same problem
    Thanks for this info @Darren.
    @johnnyshank can you please let us know what content/live channels you are experiencing this issue on? It'd also be useful to know if you have the HD boost and if you're with TalkTalk as your service provider or if you have a different one? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    TalkTalk "Now TV" no boosts
    Same last night watching Blue Bloods on Now via my Youview box lost of sound switch to Now via my TV no problem.

• adnydrumadnydrum Member Posts: 4
    I too have problems with Sky Sports via the NowTv app on a Plusnet-supplied YouView+ box: at different time I get audio dropouts, sound and picture out-of-sync, total freezing of the YV+ box, and multiple YVM102's and YVM104's. I'm really fed-up with restarting the box and/or my router; I typically see 50-65 mbps on the router so I doubt it's my broadband connection. Software and apps/players are all up-to-date according to the settings. None of this happens with any other app on the YV+ box so tonight I got onto NowTV's online chat help. They said there are no issues with the app (well they would, wouldn't they) and that I should reinstall it, which - unless someone knows different - is not possible outside of updating all players and apps on the YV+ box. Which apparently are already latest versions. Don't know where to go with this now, but am pretty aggrieved having paid for the NowTv Sports Passes...
    Thanks for this information @johnnyshank. If this happens on any other content, please let us know the name of the programme along with the date/time and channel so we can forward this on as well. 

@adnydrum Since you are getting a few different issues here, I'd suggest first rebooting the box by pressing and holding the power button on the top of the box for about 8 seconds. If this doesn't help, then you can try doing a Maintenance Mode option 2 (keep recordings).
    If the issues persist, can you please let us know if the issues in terms of audio dropouts, syncing problems and the box freezing are all happening when using the NowTV app or just when using the box in general? Are Plusnet your internet service provider as well as TV service provider?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Only with NOW TV and I'm with TALKTALK
    edited 22 July 2020, 9:26PM
    I just got a 3 second sound drop out  while watching Greys Anatomy on Sky Witness using the Now TV app on my YouView box.
    Sound drop outs don't seem to be happening as often as they were but it still happening.
    Is there any info or update on this.

Darren
    Only with NOW TV and I'm with TALKTALK
    Hi @Darren
    We don't have any updates on this yet but will let you know when we do :) 
    Thanks,
    Sarah