Have to sign in every time I press OK to restart in player

barryc303barryc303 Member Posts: 3
Whenever I'm on a live BBC channel and press OK to restart the show in iPlayer I find myself having to sign in everytime. However, if I load iPlayer from the Apps menu I am able to watch any BBC channel from the start without having to sign in again. This problem only occurs with the OK restart function.

I have only noticed this problem since the most recent update (32.47.0). Is it a problem with Youview or the BBC iPlayer app? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    I checked on our box and the restart programme function wouldn't work :'(.
    Isn't it usually Press Green to restart?
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭
    I've just gone onto the TV guide into yesterday and landed on the London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony (BBC1 HD). I pressed OK (center circle) and it played no problem. On a retail T2000 box.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    I've now gone onto live BBC2 HD and pressed OK on the current live TV programme All Over the Place : UK and again it played from the start with no problems.
    edited 18 July 2020, 7:59AM
    jonesh said:
    I checked on our box and the restart programme function wouldn't work :'(.
    Isn't it usually Press Green to restart?

Its the OK button (center circle).
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 July 2020, 8:26AM
    @barryc303

I have tried reproducing your problem, as below.

(We will draw a veil over those who have tested a different thing on a different sort of box on a different software release 😛).

I tuned to a live BBC channel, on my updated (32.47.0) BT T4000 YouView box, and did the long press on OK to restart from the beginning.

The box switched to the BBC iPlayer, and came up on the usual Who’s watching? so I pressed OK to default to me, and I was in.

But you have to do the whole David Attenborough/Andy Kershaw (I think it’s Andy Kershaw) thing each time?

Try touching the On/standby button on your box for just over 8 seconds till it soft reboots, see if the problem goes away. Maybe a Players update also.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
    Roy said:
     (We will draw a veil over those who have tested a different thing on a different sort of box on a different software release 😛).

Love you too. Only trying to help.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 312
    edited 18 July 2020, 10:03AM
    Roy said:
    @barryc303

I have tried reproducing your problem, as below.

I tuned to a live BBC channel, on my updated (32.47.0) BT T4000 YouView box, and did the long press on OK to restart from the beginning.

The box switched to the BBC iPlayer, and came up on the usual Who’s watching? so I pressed OK to default to me, and I was in.

But you have to do the whole David Attenborough/Andy Kershaw (I think it’s Andy Kershaw) thing each time?

Try touching the On/standby button on your box for just over 8 seconds till it soft reboots, see if the problem goes away. Maybe a Players update also.
    It's Mark Radcliffe who your referring to. 
    The poor guy has only recently returned to broadcasting after fighting a cancerous tongue. He used to present the Mark and Lard breakfast show and was the narrator on top of the pops 2.
    It certainly wouldn't be Andy Kershaw after he served a prison sentence for abusing his partner. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    edited 18 July 2020, 12:23PM

OK to restart doesn't work on our T1000. iPlayer works if I launch it from Apps, but the BBC red button service has stopped working.
    I've tried an eight second reset and a Players update, but to no avail.
    I don't want to try any MMs, because it might not make it through :# .
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    jonesh said:

OK to restart doesn't work on our T1000. iPlayer works if I launch it from Apps, but the BBC red button service has stopped working.
    I've tried an eight second reset and a Players update, but to no avail.
    I don't want to try any MMs, because it might not make it through :# .
    Do you mean that ‘OK to Restart‘ isn’t offered to you (which might be one of the limitations placed on the T1000s) or that it is offered, but does not function?

And is that eminence grise you? 😛
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
    OK to Restart isn't offered and it doesn't function. Neither is/does the red button.
    I haven't used OK to Restart for some time, but I'm fairly sure that it used to work.
    The red button definitely used to work. I have used it recently.

It isn't me. My veil is darker than that :).
  • barryc303barryc303 Member Posts: 3
    This is what appears everytime I use the OK to restart function. I sign in fine but have to repeat the login procedure every single time I want to restart. Going straight to the iPlayer app, I find I am already signed in.

Have you got a T1000 in your collection @Roy?
    I would be interested in knowing whether the OK to Resart and the connected Red Button services have stopped working on other T1000s, or just ours.
    Thanks
    edited 19 July 2020, 10:49AM
    I apologise for intruding on your thread @barryc303.
    The issue with my T1000 is different from yours.
    I should started my own thread.
    barryc303 said:
    This is what appears everytime I use the OK to restart function. I sign in fine but have to repeat the login procedure every single time I want to restart. Going straight to the iPlayer app, I find I am already signed in.

Go onto/into a laptop or PC and sign out/in from there. That should fix it, but if it doesn't, please post back.
  • barryc303barryc303 Member Posts: 3
    Visionman said:
    barryc303 said:

Go onto/into a laptop or PC and sign out/in from there. That should fix it, but if it doesn't, please post back.

Unfortunately that didn't work. My box is a DTR-T2100, I forgot to mention it in my first post.

edited 19 July 2020, 9:29PM
    Ah. You have an account problem, so need to email the BBC to sort it.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,576 admin
    Hi @barryc303
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    We've tested this on a couple of T2100 boxes here and haven't been able to reproduce this yet. Does this happen on all content you try and watch via the live restart feature?
    Thanks,
    Sarah