Channel 100

fargofargo Member Posts: 3
For the past few days, on both my Youview boxes, channel 100 has not been displaying any Freeview info, just a blank screen.
Boxes are T4000 (running latest software) & T2110 (awaiting latest software update), transmitter is Winter Hill.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    @fargo

I just chose channel 100 on my T2000, and it is coming up with information, but about YouView, not Freeview.

Channel 100 on my TV is still about Freeview, with quite a heavy push for Freeview Play, so I guess YouView wanted their own display, similar to, but different from, the Freeview one.

Our transmitter is Ridge Hill; perhaps if you try Winter Hill again, you will find the (presumed) transitional period over, and the YouView display now in place?
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,576 admin
    Hi @fargo
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Thanks for letting us know about this. We'll raise and investigate this with Arqiva. We'll let you know when we have any updates.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭
    I've just gone to CH100 as well. Granada region. Also getting YouView info.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 363 ✭✭
    I just gone to channel 100 on both my Youview boxes using the Craigkelly transmitter and the Freeview info has changed to Youview.
    My two Samsung TVs still shows Freeview info on channel 100.

Darren

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 276 ✭✭
    edited 22 July 2020, 9:10PM
    I get around an 18 second lag before the black screen changes to YouView information.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the lag doesn't matter. The fact it shows YouView information does. Why Sarah needs to contact Arqiva about this is beyond me. Wouldn't YouView already know?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    To be honest, it's the first time I've ever looked at it! It's a hidden, but never hidden channel, but that in itself is another issue.

Oh and on my tv the freeview page is near instant
    To be honest, it's the first time I've ever looked at it! It's a hidden, but never hidden channel, but that in itself is another issue.

Oh and on my tv the freeview page is near instant
    That’s odd. For me on my T2000 the YouView display is near instant, while on the Samsung UE32M5520 we watch YouView on, we see ‘Data Service’ slowly flashing for.... about 18 seconds! Before the Freeview details come up.
    I also get data service Flashing on my Samsung TVs that are 2013 and 2014 models for a good 15 seconds before it shows the Freeview info.
    On both my Youview boxes I have a blank screen for 2 or 3 seconds before the Youview info comes on channel 100.
  • fargofargo Member Posts: 3
    Also both boxes showing a continuous black screen on channel 97 (ITVBe.+1).  Should be displaying the message "Programmes return at 4am".
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    On our T1000 the Youview display comes up in 2·87 seconds. 
    This is exciting stuff :neutral:.
    edited 23 July 2020, 11:56PM
    @jonesh I'm surprised your T1000 box is still fully working as my T1000 packed in about two years ago . After having it for over 3 years.
    The T1000 is no longer supported for any more software updates but you may already know that.
    The T1000 although a good box in the first few years it was out has now been discontinued for any support and will no longer get any of the latest updates.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    My T1000 is working as well now as it did when I acquired it from BT in March 2013. It is fully functional apart from its ability to Jump to Time in recordings, which disappeared when the NextGen software downdate was imposed on it :'( .
    The T1000 was a decent enough DVR in 2013 and the passage of time doesn't change that. I see no reason to replace a useful working device just because a newer model might be a bit faster, or have more apps, or whatever.
    There is more electrical waste than we know what to do with, and I intend to only add to the pile sparingly.
    I'm off now to put a record on the gramophone . . .  :D.
    Hiya,

Arqiva have fixed an issue which was causing some devices to see a blank screen instead of the YouView specific slate on channel 100. We've tested this today and can see that the information slate pops up as expected although please note that this can sometimes take a few seconds to appear.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 494 ✭✭
    I'd like to know why Youview think they have the right to hijack a Freeview channel.
    Tim C said:
    I'd like to know why Youview think they have the right to hijack a Freeview channel.
    I’d like to know why you think that is what is happening here.
    Nothing new, their partners have hijacked retail boxes and applied their own skins, much to the anger of some people.

How many even bother to look at channel 100 anyway? Mine's hidden and it's only if I'm scanning through the channels themselves I ever see it and, even then I'm through it before the data screen appears.
    edited 30 July 2020, 5:24PM
    I don’t bother much about channel 100 and 9 times out of 10 skip passed the channel 
  • fargofargo Member Posts: 3
    Pleased to report that today both boxes are displaying the new Youview info page on channel 100.  However channel 97 is still a blank screen on both boxes, whereas my Panasonic TV is showing the ItvBe+1 message as per my previous post.
    If you wait 10 or 12 seconds the blank screen on ITVBe +1 message comes up on both my Youview boxes.
    Cant say it's that big a deal.

Darren
    Hi, 
    To clarify, we have not 'hijacked' this Freeview channel. Digital UK provided this app to be used on YouView devices. They came to us to organise a YouView specific slate to ensure that support queries would come to YouView rather than Freeview and prevent any crossover between Freeview Play and YouView.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 312
    edited 31 July 2020, 2:44PM
    🍋
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    kodikid said:
     Has anyone ever watched this elusive wondrous channel?
    Honestly the vast majority couldn't care less about channel 100.
    Speak for yourself, @kodikid

Not that you ever do anything different, of course.