Sudden loss of BBC iPlayer and other streaming services

IapetusIapetus Member Posts: 3
I have a BT 4K UHD set top box.  I have previously been able to load BT Iplayer and other players but in the last week this has not been possible.  I have checked system software, and player software updates and everything is current and up to date.  I have done soft and hard reboots of the box.  I have rescanned all of the TV channels.  Nothing works.

Comments

• IapetusIapetus Member Posts: 3
    I am assumin this is a youview issue
  • IapetusIapetus Member Posts: 3
    Any help would be most appreciated
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 363 ✭✭
    edited 23 July 2020, 11:44PM
    I don't have the BT 4k box I have the older BT T2100 box and I can say all working fine. I been watching Amazon Prime video app most of the night and it's been fine. I watched BBCi Player two nights ago and it was fine. 
    Been almost a week since I watched Netflix for a movie and it was fine then.
    Used the Now TV app last night  and it was mostly fine,
    Can't comment on other on demand apps as I no used ITV Hub or  STV player in well over two weeks. 
    All4 and My5 I don't use that often. 
    The UK TV Play app must be back in June since last used that.
    How is your box connected to the internet is it direct to your router or via power adapters(Home plugs).

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 July 2020, 12:10AM
    Iapetus said:
    I have a BT 4K UHD set top box.  I have previously been able to load BT Iplayer and other players but in the last week this has not been possible.  I have checked system software, and player software updates and everything is current and up to date.  I have done soft and hard reboots of the box.  I have rescanned all of the TV channels.  Nothing works.
    Do you have a smart TV, and if so can you get any of these services on it?

If you can and that is by WiFi, try disabling the TV WiFi, plugging the Ethernet cable normally used for the YouView box into it, and seeing if you still can.

If you don’t have a smart TV, you can do a similar thing with a laptop.

These tests will tell you if the problem is indeed in the box, or if it is actually further upstream towards your router.

If it is, try rebooting the router and then power cycling any PLAs, one by one, outward from the router to the YouView box.

Come back with your results, and we can offer further advice, if needed.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.