“Settings” does not appear on the menu when I press the youview button

GgmcGgmc Member Posts: 2
“Settings” does not appear on the menu when I press the youview button

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 602 ✭✭
    edited 12 August 2020, 4:02PM
    Ggmc,
    Welcome to forum. Try up arrow up on your remote, this highlights setting icon, then press ok on remote. Hopefully problem solved. This issue has only just been discussed a few minutes ago ref new software update. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • GgmcGgmc Member Posts: 2
    thank you. this is my very first question and I’ve never used a forum before. this. I’m also quite ancient😟
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 602 ✭✭
    Good morning Ggmc,
    Glad I was able to help you. I taught my late father how to master a Humax pvr many years ago. He developed dementia sadly towards the end, but he loved using the gadget. You are never too old to learn, but I think the young development team at Youview really do need to think more before they introduce changes. It might be obvious to them, but not every user is going to guess the logic keystrokes written into the menu interface. If you have any more queries please don't hesitate to ask and I'm sure someone on the forum can help you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.