Missing Age Ratings on NowTV Continue Watching

RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭
The thumbnails from a real NowTV stick show age ratings - 18, 15, etc.

Those on the YouView NowTV APP don't.

Perhaps this could be added when subtitles are rolled out?
These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,596 admin
    Roy said:
    The thumbnails from a real NowTV stick show age ratings - 18, 15, etc.

Those on the YouView NowTV APP don't.

Perhaps this could be added when subtitles are rolled out?
    Morning @Roy

Is this continue watching in the NOW TV app or YouView UI watchlist? A photo might be helpful so we can clarify where in the UI you are seeing this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2020, 11:33AM
    @Sarah

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - though I thought I was 😥

I have nothing to compare the YouView MyTV Continue Watching with, though the third screenshot below shows this screen, and it doesn’t have age ratings either; but I don’t know if it should.

However, I do think that the NowTV app on YouView (screenshot 2) ought to be as close as possible to the NowTV app on the Stick (screenshot 1), and this is an area where they differ.

I note that the NowTV app on our 2015 Samsung TV (not pictured) doesn’t have age ratings either, but this is no excuse for YouView’s NowTV not to have it right 😛

Age Ratings on Continue Watching on the NowTV app on the Stick

No Age Ratings on Continue Watching on the NowTV app on YouView

No Age Rating on YouView My TV Continue Watching (which you thought I might have meant, so I include it for completeness)

I suppose another question is why the above YouView Continue Watching differs from the NowTV Continue Watching on the same YouView box?
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,596 admin
    Hi Roy, 
    Thanks for clarifying, we just wanted to make sure. 
    If there's age rated content in Continue Watching, it'll ask for a pin when you try to play it but it doesn't display the age rating on the tiles. It would be down to NOW TV to implement any UI changes within the app so we would recommend that you contact them if you have any feedback regarding the UI. 
    The metadata in the YouView UI for NOW TV titles should display BBFC ratings.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2020, 12:37PM
    @Sarah

Thanks; I will raise it with them.

Is the lack of subtitles also something they can fix, if I raise that with them also, or are there YouView implications here?