No playback

I have a Sony bravia TV. Youview worked fine until last week, but now I can't use playback, and the only apps available are iplayer and 5? Any ideas what I can try? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2020, 10:16PM
    @ballyboo22

It sounds like you, or some malign force within your TV, did a :-

Home -> Settings -> Apps -> LiveTV & CatchUp -> Disable

So try repeating that, but doing an Enable instead.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • ballyboo22ballyboo22 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply. 
    I've just had a look, and I don't seem to have the option for LiveTV & Catch Up.
    I tried deleting the Youview data and went through the setup again, but that didn't work. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 August 2020, 2:08PM
    Thank you for the reply. 
    I've just had a look, and I don't seem to have the option for LiveTV & Catch Up.
    I tried deleting the Youview data and went through the setup again, but that didn't work. 
    @ballyboo22

OK then, we need to know the model number of your TV (so we can work out the model year) and which version of Android it is running.
    In the earlier sets, you turned YouView back on with:-
    Press [Home] button on the remote control
        Go to 'Settings'
        Go to 'Channel Setup'
        Go to 'YouView Setup'
        Select 'Enable YouView'
        Select 'Yes' to confirm
    which maybe will apply to your set.

And you can skip the retune on the way back in if you had all the channels tuned already on the Freeview side; but in this case, I would be inclined to let the retune happen anyway.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one