Difficulty with You View TV Guide

Since the last update we have had no TV Guide, error 104,have tried all the usual things, resetting, turning off everything and restarting,. checking cables. It still tells us to check router as we are not connected to Internet, but we are. This is our own box now, so dont know what else to do now?? Any suggestions

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,240 ✭✭✭
    @maclin232

I take it you have worked through 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-yvm104/

one refinement I would suggest is that when it talks about trying a laptop, you get your laptop, turn off its WiFi, connect it to the Ethernet cable that normally feeds the YouView box, and fire up your usual browser.

If it connects to the internet OK, you have isolated the problem to the YouView box.

If it doesn’t, you have isolated the problem to the Ethernet cable, and/or everything in the chain back to, and through, the router.

Can you please try this and see what the result is, report it back here, and we can then advise further?
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
  • maclin232maclin232 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for answering :)
    Both my desktop and my laptop are connected via ethernet, and tablet, phone in the house have no problem. We turned everything off and did a cold reboot, and then we did a short reset, and nothing changed. Went thorough all the procedures in the fix :(
    Sorry, tried your laptop suggestion the way you said, and was ok

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,240 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 September 2020, 9:32PM
    maclin232 said:
    Sorry, tried your laptop suggestion the way you said, and was ok

@maclin232

So that isolates the problem to the YouView box.

I think you have tried the soft reset, where you touch the On/Standby button on the box for just over 8 seconds, and it soft reboots?

But if not, try it now.

The next option would be to try a Maintenance Mode reset; I suggest Option 2, which preserves your recordings. But not much else, so make a note of your schedule and any non-standard Settings, And be prepared to set these up again, and to retune, after the MM.

The procedure can be slightly different from box to box, so make sure you follow the instructions for your model.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
    Thank you. We will try tomorrow, this procedure, and come back and let you know :)