update 32.47.0/3.6.236

mags19mags19 Member Posts: 3
This update was advised 5th of Aug but my box is still running 32.45.0/3.6.190. I have tried both switching the box on and off and manually forcing the download but always get a message saying I am running the latest software version. The update info page states that the rollout for the BT T4000 boxes is complete but clearly not. Anyone else still on the old software version?

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Hi mags19,
    Welcome to Youview forum. It doesn't seem to work like that. Your box will hopefully get the update when it's your boxes turn. It will get there eventually. The updates are sent out in batches to all boxes around uk. You will keep getting this message until it arrives. It can take quite a while between boxes. We had to wait a few weeks between 2 boxes in same house. Hope this has put your mind at rest. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭
    John L said:
    Hi mags19,
    Welcome to Youview forum. It doesn't seem to work like that. Your box will hopefully get the update when it's your boxes turn. It will get there eventually. The updates are sent out in batches to all boxes around uk. You will keep getting this message until it arrives. It can take quite a while between boxes. We had to wait a few weeks between 2 boxes in same house. Hope this has put your mind at rest. John L
    Hi @John L

I think you might have missed @mags19 saying ‘The update info page states that the rollout for the BT T4000 boxes is complete‘, which perhaps explains the concern.

But for a rollout to be complete, it simply needs to have been made available to every box of that type, not for every box to have actually been updated, so we need to look at why @mags19’s box might not have picked up the update?

@mags19, can we assume that your box is connected to the internet, left on in standby overnight and not switched off, and not in a trials group?

@Sarah, can you double-check that this rollout is indeed thought by YouView to be complete?
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 332
    edited 8 September 2020, 5:25PM
    Is this the update that moved the settings? 🤔
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Roy said:
    John L said:
    Hi mags19,
    Hi @John L

I think you might have missed @mags19 saying ‘The update info page states that the rollout for the BT T4000 boxes is complete‘, which perhaps explains the concern.

But for a rollout to be complete, it simply needs to have been made available to every box of that type, not for every box to have actually been updated, so we need to look at why @mags19’s box might not have picked up the update?

@mags19, can we assume that your box is connected to the internet, left on in standby overnight and not switched off, and not in a trials group?

@Sarah, can you double-check that this rollout is indeed thought by YouView to be complete?
    Well spotted Roy,
    You have won another Youview prize of the day. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,603 admin
    Hiya, 

This rollout is complete so it will be available to download by the box if prompted (assuming it's connected to the internet). @mags19 can you please confirm if you box is connected to the internet and if so, how it is connected (directly to the router or powerline adapters).

Thanks,
    Sarah

• mags19mags19 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone.
    Sarah, box is connected directly to router and is still saying running latest software. Currently watching BT Sport Ultimate so no problem with internet connection.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭
    @mags19

It might be worth trying a Maintenance Mode Option 2, see if that will unjam it.

These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • mags19mags19 Member Posts: 3
    Roy, thanks a lot. Have ran maintenance mode 2 and software now updated to latest version.