ongoing NowTV/Sky Sports issues

2»

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 464 ✭✭
    edited 14 October 2020, 7:35AM
    I don't have Sky Sports I have Entertainment and Sky Cinema plus HD Boost but I also occasionally get sound drop outs when watching live TV on the Now TV app on Youview. As I have posted elsewhere on here and on the BT community forums.
    I have also occasionally had buffing yet I get mostly a 70mb speed with BT.
    It seems to be a problem with the Now TV app on Youview boxes and a fix has yet to be found for the problem.
  • adnydrumadnydrum Member Posts: 15
    edited 17 October 2020, 5:53PM
    Sarah said:
    Hi @adnydrum
    It'd be helpful for us to know your box details so we can add this to the investigation. Can you please let us know the YouView box model you are using along with the manufacturer & component software version it's running on? This can be found by going to Settings > Box Information and Software Information.
    Thanks a lot,
    Sarah
    Hi @Sarah,

The unit is a Plusnet rebadged Humax DTRT2120. Config info:

Variant: 84B08520
    Component software: 3.6.236(7bc855)
    Manufacturer software: 32.47.0
    Platform configuration: 4720 (3c18908d)
    ISP configuration: 1166

Regards,
    Andy
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 98 admin
    edited 30 October 2020, 1:56PM
    Hi all,

We are currently rolling out a fix for audio drop outs and buffering seen on live streams within the Now TV app to BT devices. 

The release notes can be found here for T2100 and T4000 devices and here for T2200 devices.

Thank you,
    Louise
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 222 ✭✭
    Hi all,

We are currently rolling out a fix for audio drop outs and buffering seen on live streams within the Now TV app to BT devices. 

The release notes can be found here for T2100 and T4000 devices and here for T2200 devices.

Thank you,
    Louise
    I just checked my software and it's it's 378 so have I got the new software I can't try my NOW TV because the
    I got too many devices On-The-Go so I can't change the devices until Sunday the 1st of November until I can try out on my new 4K box the t40000
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 464 ✭✭
    edited 30 October 2020, 9:36PM
    I'm still to get the update but I normally get the update a week or two after it first comes out.
    Hopefully the update will fully fix the audio drop outs on live channels and the occasional buffing.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭
    Ken Hill1 said:
    I got too many devices On-The-Go so I can't change the devices until Sunday the 1st of November until I can try out on my new 4K box the t40000
    Not too long a wait, then ⏳⌛️

But it isn’t devices on the go that matters here (limit of six) but swaps already made this month (limit of three per month).

Have you already used your three swaps?

If it were earlier in the month, I’d suggest you get on to Live Chat at NowTV; they are usually amenable to resetting your swaps. 

Being a Community Contributor there, I could do with a 12-device limit, or unlimited swaps, so I am usually on to them for this service from time to time 😛
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    edited 31 October 2020, 4:45PM
    Hi all,

Thank you,
    Louise
    Do we think this update will address the Now TV app simply terminating after anywhere between 2 minutes and 2 hours, for no reason?
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭
    adnydrum said:
    Do we think this update will address the Now TV app simply terminating after anywhere between 2 minutes and 2 hours, for no reason?

Thats an interesting question. Have you tried your line with a third party NTV app such as on a lap top tablet or phone? If not try so and see what happens.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    A better interesting question is why VAR always rules against the red's. 
    Another prem match another extremely dodgy VAR decision. 
    Typically Sky will say it's nothing to do with them.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Visionman said:
    adnydrum said:

Thats an interesting question. Have you tried your line with a third party NTV app such as on a lap top tablet or phone? If not try so and see what happens.
    I have. As well-documented on here in the past; Now TV on a laptop or mobile works properly: it is the app on the YouView platform which is utter garbage.
    edited 1 November 2020, 6:34PM
    Just spoke to BT technical engineers and they got a problem with the NOW TV on demand with breaking up pictures and freezing on demand problems spoke to them on Twitter about a few minutes ago I've got the new software and it hasn't worked on my box they are aware of the problem of and the YouView boxes and they're working on it as i post this message and they confirmed it's not my YouView box and they can't give a date when it will fix the problem it just the the t 4000 boxs with the problem .
    edited 1 November 2020, 10:59PM
    Ken Hill1 said:
    "it just the the t 4000 boxs with the problem"
    I wish that was true, Ken - my DTRT2120 still has all the issues. Interestingly, when I demanded a refund from NowTV after months and months of near-unwatchable Sky Sports (not 'Boost') they offered £9.99 to put toward another pass. (?!) I take that as tacit admission that the app is not fit for purpose. Some might call it taking money by false pretences...
    adnydrum said:
    Ken Hill1 said:
    "it just the the t 4000 boxs with the problem"
    I wish that was true, Ken - my DTRT2120 still has all the issues. Interestingly, when I demanded a refund from NowTV after months and months of near-unwatchable Sky Sports (not 'Boost') they offered £9.99 to put toward another pass. (?!) I take that as tacit admission that the app is not fit for purpose. Some might call it taking money by false pretences...I I was told by the BT engineers that it's a software problem they can't fix and it's been going on for over a month now now they phone me up Sunday afternoon and told me me I will put me on the list of people who's got this problem with the On Demand on the NOW TV app that's all I know no they don't know when it's going to be fixed so at this time I've connected my old NOW TV device to use until they work on this problem but thanks for the info on the box just tell me that it's a 4K box the problem phone Sunday morning
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,704 admin
    Hi all,

Just to clarify, the issue fixed in this BT release is to address the audio drop outs and buffering on live Now TV content. We are still investigating issues around VOD content on T4000 devices. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah said:
    Hi all,

Just to clarify, the issue fixed in this BT release is to address the audio drop outs and buffering on live Now TV content. We are still investigating issues around VOD content on T4000 devices. 

Thanks, Sarah
     Sarah once they find the problem with the vod will we have to have a new lot of software downloaded to the boxes?
    edited 11 November 2020, 9:26PM
    Visionman said:
    adnydrum said:

Hello @visionman, yes I have: on laptop/smartphone/tablet the stream is solid therefore it can only be the NowTV app which is garbage. And seeing as 1) my broadband speeds are very healthy and 2) watching on my tv via YouView is the most efficient method - a complete pain to connect the others, and I pay PlusNet for YV - I do not think it unreasonable to expect the NowTV app to, you know.. just work.
    edited 11 November 2020, 10:54PM
    adnydrum 

I agree, however consideration has to be given that SKY (Now TV) write the app for YouView and not the other way round. However I do still agree.
    Visionman said:
    adnydrum 

I agree, however consideration has to be given that SKY (Now TV) write the app for YouView and not the other way round. However I do still agree.
    Sorry if I was unclear: I believe this is in no way a YouView problem; the fault lies entirely with NowTV/Sky failing to fix their sh*te app while still charging full price for sports passes. All other apps on YV work well.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,704 admin
    Hi all, 
    Just to update on this, the fix for buffering on Now TV for T4000 devices is in the latest BT software update which started rolling out yesterday. If your box hasn't received it yet, it should get it in the coming weeks :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 9 March 2021, 8:19PM
    YouView retail T2000 - the last 4 matches in HD Now TV have been completely unwatchable. Yet on my TV's BT Sport app the picture's been perfect, and thats in 4K!
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    edited 9 March 2021, 9:24PM
    Totally agree, but on every single device....but then again I do support the red's. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Liverpool fan eh? Your not the only one on here.