Missing apps and guide information

We have had several TalkTalk YouView boxes over the years but, this time, I decided to switch to a BT (Humax) box. I bought a brand new one on eBay (model no. DTR-T2100). Everything seems to work swimmingly with two exceptions. First, when I access the Apps listing I have iPlayer, My5, Prime Video, UKTV Play, etc., etc. but I am missing the ITV Hub and All4. My second issue is that when I go back in time (pre-now) on the Guide, on a number of channels including BBC, it says "No information available" and this, of course, means that I can't access these programmes through the on-demand players.
I have reset the router and the box several times without success. I have just checked my broadband speed and I am currently getting a little over 32 Mb/s.
There is a cat 5 Ethernet cable running to the DTB from a Powerline adapter (matter of a few feet).
Just as an observation, I have just bought an additional new Panasonic smart tv which is running wirelessly from my router and I have no problems with apps, guides or anything else.
Tagged:

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 657 ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2020, 11:19AM
    Hi ron_dullage,
    Welcome to Youview forum. You mention box is 2nd hand, have you done a full factory reset before using box? The box might still have old software + also linked to previous ISP. Worth checking.

Plus another top tip, also worth doing a complete retune with UNPLUGGING aerial (clears firmware on box channers) to obtain NIL channels & REPLUG & do a another retune to hopefully get a  clean set of channels for your tv reception. Please let forum know how you get on + if you need more help. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Hi John,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
    I state in my post that the box that I bought was a "brand new one". In fact, I had to take the sticky-backed plastic off of the front of the unit when it arrived.
    I tried following your tip about pulling the aerial plugs. I did this and when I turned the set on it said something like "unsupported signal". I then plugged the aerial plugs back in and it went straight to BBC One and everything else was the same as previously. I guess that I am probably missing something. Any ideas?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 September 2020, 3:09PM
    Hi John,

I state in my post that the box that I bought was a "brand new one". In fact, I had to take the sticky-backed plastic off of the front of the unit when it arrived.
    I tried following your tip about pulling the aerial plugs. I did this and when I turned the set on it said something like "unsupported signal". I then plugged the aerial plugs back in and it went straight to BBC One and everything else was the same as previously. I guess that I am probably missing something. Any ideas?
    You are missing that John’s advice was despite the box saying unsupported signal, you should have still gone through the motions of a retune, to flush away any earlier attempts. And then put the aerial leads back in and tuned it again.

Additionally to John’s advice, as this is a new box without much invested in it by you in regard to making recordings yet, hopefully, I would be inclined to go into Settings and do a Factory Reset, the most drastic reset available, before you try tuning it again.

I would also suggest that you reboot the router, then the PLA nearest the router, and then the PLA nearest the YouView box, letting each one settle before moving on to the next device, before you reset the YouView box.

As at least some, and possibly all, of what you describe sounds like internet connection difficulties, though the itv and All4 Players do require that channels 3 and 4 are successfully tuned in before they will work. And maybe even before they will appear.....
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 657 ✭✭
    Hi John,

We purchased a "brand new" one many years back. It was used! That's why I mentioned this as not everything is new, might be a refurb. Hopefully you will be able to solve your problem. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Hi Roy and John,
    Huge thanks to you guys. I re-tuned the box without the aerial cables plugged in and then, when I had zero aerial channels, I plugged it all back in and did another re-tune.
    We now have all of our apps!!!
    Apologies to John for not understanding your instructions properly. I'm now off to binge watch ITV Hub and All4!!