Blue screen

pingupingu Member Posts: 1
my mums you view has been working fine, however now whenever she starts her tv up she gets a message to re tune, she has pressed re tune many times nothing happens and she gets a blue screen . 

II have re tuned everything, turned everything off at the wall. 

Problem Em is persisting. When she presses TV guide and selects a Channel it works fine. 

How does she stop the problem please? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Pingu and welcome to the Community!

What’s the aerial setup there? There needs to be an aerial cable from the wall socket to the YouView box and, if that can record, perhaps a second cable from the YouView box to the TV.

Can her YouView box record?

Have you got both aerial cables connected, or just the one from wall to YouView box?

Are you sure the message is coming from the YouView box, and not from the TV itself?

How do you mean ‘pressed retune’? There’s no button for this, you have to go into Settings and do it there.

Then finally, you seem to be saying that actually the YouView box works fine, and it’s just that it keeps asking for a retune when it doesn’t actually need one. Is that the problem?

If you can give us a bit more detail, as above, about what is actually happening, and what she and/or you are doing, exactly, to deal with it, we can perhaps offer you some more focussed advice.

Or, if she is subscribed to BT TV, PlusNet or TalkTalk, give you a phone number on which you or she can be talked through the problem, and how to solve it.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one