Alternative Schedule suggestion for EPG guide Menu.

John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 826 ✭✭

Some time back the Alternative feature was included with the original Youview software, before NextGen came along. Although I don’t use it much myself, as I also use other pvrs, a member of my family who only uses Youview to record, wanted to find an alternative slot to record when faced with a clash on 2 channels. Asking my advice, I rechecked and I must say I was surprised it was not re-included yet. 

I know that the search bar does offer some form of showing on demand/subscription & also whether there is another day/time to record, but for a non-technical family member (!) used to only using EPG, having to remaster more menus makes it more long-winded process to learn. I know you can hit record on the search bar. But then to see the whole week ahead, you have to go back into EPG, so it does make it a longer process in long run. They only want to use the EPG screen. They lost interest when I explained this  . . . .

Amazing that Freeview & Freesat offer this facility that is very useful. Hopefully the design team have thought of this to include in the design. Topic was discussed back in May 2017:

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7515943/alternate-shedules

Anyone else got any thoughts on this? John L

Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 

Comments

• Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 580 ✭✭
    Absolutely agree with you John. For me it's a much missed feature which we were able to get around using the sadly deceased Youview app.

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Yes, it truly is a missed feature. Very useful. Only yesterday I was trying to solve conflict for family user, only to remember that this hadn't been readded. As mentioned, I know about search options, plus front icons etc, but overlooked. My guess is that new users won't know about this or not bothered. Come on Youview nearly 4 years now to fix original setup. John L 
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.