cannot find "main menu"

I have a BT ultra HD box working on the free view settings.  I want to change automatic standby time but can no long find "main menu". It used to be found by pressing the blue Y button but is no longer there, which means retune etc is also lost.  All the help videos just say "go into main menu", without any clue as to how to do this.  I have pressed every button on the remote to no avail, could someone advise me please.

Comments

• catwheezlecatwheezle Member Posts: 5
    ok i have found it, it is now to the top right of screen when pressing blue button. icon of a cog!

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭
    ok i have found it, it is now to the top right of screen when pressing blue button. icon of a cog!

The ‘main menu’ is still what you get by pressing the blue ‘y’ button.

The cogwheel is ‘Settings’, which as you have found has gone top right, next to ‘Help’, the question mark.

Settings is now one or two keypresses nearer than it was before, a potential time saving negated by (for me at least) having to stop and think which keypress (up arrow) is the one required 🤷🏻‍♂️
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one