Changing tv

willrogwillrog Member Posts: 3
Do I just tap in new 4digit code or remove the old code first

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 323 ✭✭
    In what and for what purpose?

If you can expand on your problem with device(s)and model numbers, we may be able to help.

Thank you.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2020, 4:22PM
    @willrog

Greetings and welcome to the Community!

What is it you are trying to do, and what with?

Would it be setting up your YouView remote for the new TV?

In which case, yes, just tap it in; the new code will overwrite the old one.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 378
    edited 5 October 2020, 5:20PM
    Also if replacing like for like (new Sony replacing older Sony) you wont have to do anything. 
    Re setting up
    Dont forget to keep your finger on the off button till the telly turns off, dont press it once think it hasn't worked and end up repeating the process. 
    If your new tv is 4k think about investing in a roku 4k stick for around £40, well worth it.
    Enjoy.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • willrogwillrog Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for replying, just replacing a Samsung for an LG tv. When your in your mid 70’s the least amount of button pushing and counting blinking blue dots is good news!
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 657 ✭✭
    Hi willrog,
    Welcome. It's great to learn new technology, but I fully appreciate having something that you use each day that is user-friendly. You are never too old to enjoy technology, but you get used to a routine and the menus have to be easy/user-friendly to use. Hope you enjoy your new TV. I assume you have purchased a new Smart tv? Enjoy. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • willrogwillrog Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    Sorry, me again. Only Intended using this tv as the one I had before, ie. to watch stuff recordEd through the BT box but without Connection to wi fi. Told this tv would do that, not the case, can’t  get by initial set up. Hope I can get to speak to someone at LG
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 657 ✭✭
    Hi willrog,
    Is the New LG a Smart tv? If so, it needs to be connected to broadband either directly via router or by using Powerline adaptors that you pair up to a mains socket to avoid long cables? If you need help/more info, someone on the forum will be able to help you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 378
    edited 6 October 2020, 12:31PM
    Think the problem is how to set it up without broadband. 
    We live in a age where the natural assumption is everyone is online. 
    Anyone with a new youview box will know there comes a point in setting up where you literally cannot proceed without router connection. 
    Looks like this tv is the same.

Ignore this if you disagree.