Remote stops working

HsquaredHsquared Member Posts: 1
I kid have a BT Youview box and have problems with the remote.  I tried Two sets of fresh batteries but it still wouldn’t work so I replaced the remote, reset the box and synchronised it.  Now the remote will work when the box is first turned on but stops working once the box has been on for about an hour.  I can still operate the box from the buttons on top but not it won’t work from the remote 

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 659 ✭✭
    edited 6 October 2020, 7:00PM
    Hi Hsquared,
    Welcome to the Youview forum. Not sure which model of remote you have, but have you accidently pressed tv, rather than pvr button on top of remote? If this is ok, then have you tried doing a soft reset? : Press Power button for 8 seconds & let box reboot. If this doesn't work, not sure how old your box is, then try a maintenance mode option 2. Full details can be found by typing maintenance mode at top of this page under help/support : type into search bar.

Bobs your uncle, hopefully this will solve your problem (we hope!) Please let the forum know how you get on & if you need more help. Have a good evening. Hope you manage to fix remote. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 383
    edited 6 October 2020, 9:15PM
    Ever considered it might not be the remote at fault?

Not really a solution but my money is on the actual box being at fault rather then the remote. 

Dont forget it's a two way thing between the remote and the box which when it goes wrong everyone assumes it's the remote. 

Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • onceuponatimeonceuponatime Member Posts: 10
    Plasma TV? Getting less common but you can find many instances of interference and solutions in this forum.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭
    Hsquared said:
    I kid have a BT Youview box and have problems with the remote.  I tried Two sets of fresh batteries but it still wouldn’t work so I replaced the remote, reset the box and synchronised it.  Now the remote will work when the box is first turned on but stops working once the box has been on for about an hour.  I can still operate the box from the buttons on top but not it won’t work from the remote 
    When the remote stops working, look at the sender through the camera on your smartphone.

This makes the beam, if beam there is, visible. If there is no beam, there’s your problem. If there’s a beam, though, it could still be either remote or box.
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 327 ✭✭
    @Roy, I did not know that. Just tried it. Thanks for the tip.