"Something went wrong. Please try again". NowTV

countryman2countryman2 Member Posts: 48
edited 21 October 2020, 9:40AM in Support
Recently signed up and often get this message.  You get sent back to the beginning of the programme (which is a tad annoying), so you then fast forward (aka fast lurch forward) and periodically stopping to try and find where you got to.  Only to find that the NowTV again throws a hissy fit and it all hangs.    Stream quality is in the 4000+ region (no idea if that is good bad or indifferent).  Netflix, iPlayer both fine - all the time.

Humax box.

Out of all the user-interfaces, have to say I find NowTV the clunkiest.

Comments

  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,761 admin
    Hi @countryman2
    Can you please let us know the box model you are using and the manufacturer & component software it's running on? This can be found in Settings > Box Information and Software Information. 
    It'd also be useful to know your internet service provider and any content (programme/episode/series) you've tried where this happens so we can attempt to recreate this issue. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    I get this with NOW TV I don't have anyone else does
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    And this breaking up picture on demand
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,761 admin
    Hi @Ken Hill1

    Just to confirm, are you on a BT broadband internet line as well? It'd also be helpful for us to know some examples of content this frequently happens on (programme name, series/episode, channel) so we can try and test it ourselves.

    Do you get the 'Something went wrong' error when trying to fast forward as well like @countryman2 mentioned or did you do something else to prompt it to pop up?

    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Hi @Ken Hill1

    Just to confirm, are you on a BT broadband internet line as well? It'd also be helpful for us to know some examples of content this frequently happens on (programme name, series/episode, channel) so we can try and test it ourselves.

    Do you get the 'Something went wrong' error when trying to fast forward as well like @countryman2 mentioned or did you do something else to prompt it to pop up?

    Thanks,
    SarahYes I got the Broadband BT Broadband and no I'm not getting any errors or numbers
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Ken Hill1 said:
    Sarah said:
    Hi @Ken Hill1

    Just to confirm, are you on a BT broadband internet line as well? It'd also be helpful for us to know some examples of content this frequently happens on (programme name, series/episode, channel) so we can try and test it ourselves.

    Do you get the 'Something went wrong' error when trying to fast forward as well like @countryman2 mentioned or did you do something else to prompt it to pop up?

    Thanks,
    SarahYes I got the Broadband BT Broadband and no I'm not getting any errors or numbersA also been told at BT engineers are investigating this problem and also nowtv technical team of working on it also with a problem with the t4000 box the picture breaking up freezing so on
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,761 admin
    HI @Ken Hill1
    You posted a picture of the 'something went wrong' screen from NOW TV, can you let us know what you did to cause this error to pop up? 
    If you can let us know some content this issue happens on it'd be helpful. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Sarah said:
    HI @Ken Hill1
    You posted a picture of the 'something went wrong' screen from NOW TV, can you let us know what you did to cause this error to pop up? 
    If you can let us know some content this issue happens on it'd be helpful. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah Sarah this problem is ongoing I spoke to nowtv technical team they came back to me and said there is with the a problem with  the 4k t4000 box with the now tv app with breaking up pictures and freezing pictures the nowtv technical team are seeing into the problem also I spoke to the BT technical team who is doing an investigation on the problem also
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited 22 October 2020, 9:50PM
    So far is this what I've been told by both parties I haven't heard anything else it's from BT on Now TV so if you get any news let us know I'll be grateful if you can find out more Sarah. Forgot to say that the rest of the apps on the 4K box is working perfectly he's just a NOW TV app also the nowtv is working perfectly on my box in the bedroom the t 21000.
  • mc2mc2 Member Posts: 34
    I can definitely confirm that the Now TV app is troublesome on my Youview from Plusnet TV Service using a T2100 Box. When I used it to watch on demand programming (The Comey Rule) I also encountered the ‘Something  Went Wrong’ error, as well as constant buffering and sound dropouts.

    Going by the amount of posts on the BTTV forum and a few on the Plusnet TV forum It looks pretty clear that the Now TV app on Youview has pretty big issues that are apparently being looked into by BT and Youview.

    I’ve given up trying to use the Now TV app on my Plusnet TV Box, unfortunately it’s totally unusable ☹️
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 524 ✭✭
    I Know the Now TV app on Youview is not 100% perfect but I have never seen the message something went wrong on both my Youview boxes and I also get Now TV from BT.

    Darren


  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Darren said:
    I Know the Now TV app on Youview is not 100% perfect but I have never seen the message something went wrong on both my Youview boxes and I also get Now TV from BT.

    Darren


    I'm the same as you I'm with BT T and there are a lot of posts on the BT for them also on the nowtv for them the reason I was getting is message because I Let it Roll and see what it did and this is what I got I haven't had any update from BT and no update from the NOW TV all I've been told is that they're working on it.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
     I forgot to say that NOW TV did tell me you may have to wait for some new software B been rolled out and I know that the new software has been rolled out on the NOW TV devices but I don't know if were telling me that you have to wait for or BT YouView boxes to have new software but as I said I do know that I'm NOW TV I've got a new software because I've got my old device connected the NOW TV device being rolled out this week that's on a NOW TV devices I'm talking about
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    News just been updated from the NOW TV website 20 minutes ago saying there are problems with some devices and YouView boxes from the nowtv team and they're still working on it
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Think I would work my way to argos (other retailers are available) for a roku or now stick. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • CeejayCeejay Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Think I would work my way to argos (other retailers are available) for a roku or now stick. 
    I'm afraid I have to agree - the Now TV app on Youview has too many issues.
    Now have it on my Sony TV natively without any problems at all. I no longer have any rising stress issues from all the sound glitches which never got fixed. Plus I think the Sky Sports refresh rate on Boost is still stuck at 25Hz on Youview.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Think I would work my way to argos (other retailers are available) for a roku or now stick. 
    Roku is the better bet these days. NowTV have attempted to nest everything the Stick does inside the NowTV app, rather than it being just one App among others, like it used to be, and like it still is on the Roku stick.

    But the problem is, the NowTV app on the Stick is still a separate app, really, so NowTV have turned the UI into a virtual Klein bottle.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 October 2020, 10:51PM
    Roy said:
    NowTV have turned the UI into a virtual Klein bottle.
    A what?
    I won't be able to sleep tonight, trying to get my head around that :'(.
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I have had more trouble with NOW TV than with any other app, from sound drop outs to buffering, sometimes it is just unwatchable and makes me wonder if it is worth it.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Anyone else there's problem with the YouView boxes if nowtv situation has been going on for a long time I'm may look somewhere else if bye don't fix this issue
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    BT having a laugh I just got an email from BT this morning to say there just started looking into the nowtv issue
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    from the now tv team 

    sues Streaming on your NOW TV device

    Updated an hour ago

    We are currently aware of an issue whereby customers may be experiencing problems watching their NOW TV devices. Our technical teams are looking into this issue right now and will work to get things back up and running as soon as possible.

  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    The irony is, it's the only app that doesn't work properly , and it's the only one I pay for.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Murphy's law
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
Sign In or Register to comment.