BT TV TEXT button

ropleytigropleytig Member Posts: 1
edited 3 November 2020, 12:35PM in Support
This button does not work on the new BT TV service. Today after hours of research I have the answer. To get teletext go to any radio channel (eg 700) and ress the red biutton.

Comments

• ropleytig said:
    This button does not work on the new BT TV service. Today after hours of research I have the answer. To get teletext go to any radio channel (eg 700) and ress the red biutton.
    Much obliged. Couldn't find it anywhere. Works from radio SID 700, as you suggested.

I am actually a TalkTalk youview user and it's Been a few months since your post.

BBC have completed their review on the Red Button services which have been somewhat reprieved (see BBC RED button page 9990). So, the BBC RED button service is STILL relevant.

I seem to remember a text app plus 'postage stamp' sized pictures for the news, but available in the you view APP area menus. No more in software version as of 7 Dec 2020 [Component SW 3.6.248(09616b); manufacturers SW 60.48.91; platform config 4741(2280d44c); ISP Config 2402011].

Seems odd that you have to go to 700. Maybe this SW version took out the hooks on the other BBC channels when the RED button service was to be axed, and didn't replace the news APP (now removed) hooks with the traditional red button hook that still works from 700?