Cannot get itv1

shezshez Member Posts: 1
edited 4 November 2020, 10:01AM in Support
I have just bought a sony bravia. I can get all the itv chanels on the itv hub apart from itv1. It keeps saying "sorry programs from this channel are not available as we havent been able to locate your region" When i go to Set my location it asks me to put my postcode in it says recognised and it is set to itv but I still cannot get the normal itv. I have cleared my location and reset numerous times but it hasnt worked. Please can anyone help

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 November 2020, 5:23PM
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • cbr2405cbr2405 Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issue. The link provided directs me to clear the cache of 'YVServiceHostAPK'. This does not exist in my list of service apps. Messaged ITVHub and they haven't been able to help thus far.
    cbr2405 said:
    I have the exact same issue. The link provided directs me to clear the cache of 'YVServiceHostAPK'. This does not exist in my list of service apps. Messaged ITVHub and they haven't been able to help thus far.
    @cbr2405

You have to say which Sony TV you have, to get applicable information. At a guess, you have a 2020 one, and the rules have changed 😢

The default response now is to ask if you have an aerial connected or not. If not, try connecting one and tuning it.

The apps are supposed to work without this, these days, but it looks like ITV fubared it; instead of accepting a post code in lieu of the region information, as intended, it takes your input, promptly forgets it, and doesn’t act on it.

We wait, patiently, for them to fix this....

But see my sig, below. What do I know?

• noyouviewnoyouview Member Posts: 2
    I have exactly this issue. I have re-entered my post code several times to no avail. I have a Sky dish connected directly to the Sony Bravia TV, it says it recognises my location but then reverts to 'location unknown'. What sorcery is this?
    edited 16 March 2021, 8:52AM
    noyouview said:
    I have exactly this issue. I have re-entered my post code several times to no avail. I have a Sky dish connected directly to the Sony Bravia TV, it says it recognises my location but then reverts to 'location unknown'. What sorcery is this?
    @noyouview

No sorcery, just a bug with the postcode acceptance for the itv Hub, where everyone is pointing the finger at everybody else, instead of cooperating to solve it.

While this situation obtains, the only way to get ITV1 in the itv Hub on one of these Sony Android TVs is to first plug in a terrestrial aerial and tune in channel 3.
  • noyouviewnoyouview Member Posts: 2
    I get ITV1 via the Sky dish but nit on ITVHub, so can't replay anything.
  • RogerCRogerC Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue as many others here. ITV main channel not working on ITV Hub app on new Sony Bravia TV. I also have a dish not aerial, so I can't try the workaround suggested. Cleared cache, data, restarted TV, router, tried different postcodes. All to no avail. Phoned Sony helpline and messaged ITV Hub helpdesk. If anyone finds fix, please do post it here. Cheers
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 98 admin
    RogerC said:
    I have the same issue as many others here. ITV main channel not working on ITV Hub app on new Sony Bravia TV. I also have a dish not aerial, so I can't try the workaround suggested. Cleared cache, data, restarted TV, router, tried different postcodes. All to no avail. Phoned Sony helpline and messaged ITV Hub helpdesk. If anyone finds fix, please do post it here. Cheers
    Hi Roger,

ITV Hub has been updated with a fix for this issue. Are you able to re-try and let us know if you're still experiencing issues?

Thank you,
    Louise.