Rf loop through activarion

stevbustevbu Member Posts: 1
I have Connected the new Huawei box but now cannot watch tv channels when box is off. I’m guessing the rf loop through needs to be turned on but I cannot find it in settings. I have seen something about eco mode having to be in low setting but I can’t find that either. Not having a setup booklet doesn’t help this old duffer. 

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Its under picture and sound. Its called Antenna out.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Oh and eco is under power and settings
  • LukеLukе Member Posts: 53
    stevbu said:
    I have seen something about eco mode having to be in low setting. 
    It has been a while since I used my Huewei box but the last time I used it the eco mode setting for Huewei boxes does not impact RF loop through.  It is only the Antenna out setting that you need to adjust.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭
    @stevebu @Luke

It used to be the case that you couldn’t use RF Loopthrough in the lowest Eco mode, the one that became Energy Saver, and so if you turned RF Loopthrough on when your Eco Mode was Energy Saver, it was automatically bumped up to what is now Smart Standby.

I have no idea if this still applies, or applies to Humax boxes but not Huawei ones, but the main thing is that although the Eco Mode can impact, or be impacted by, RF Loopthrough, you don’t have to worry about it, as the box will take care of this automagically, if any care is needed, when you set RF Loopthrough/Antenna out.
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭
    stevbu said:
    I have Connected the new Huawei box..... Not having a setup booklet doesn’t help this old duffer. 
    I’m not sure how you get a new Huawei with no user guide in the box?

Nor which model you have, as you don’t say 😢

But you can download the retail DN371T manual here:-

http://cc4-pro01-help-app-assets-s3-website.s3.amazonaws.com/NGSupportSite/UserGuides/Huawei%20Retail%20-%20DN371T%20User%20Guide.pdf

And the TalkTalk DN372T manual here:-

http://m3.ttxm.co.uk/pdf/help/plustv-userguide-new.pdf

‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn