BT software update 32.51.0 / 3.7.8 - Sports

SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
edited 17 November 2020, 6:29PM in Announcements
Hi all,

A new feature has started rolling out to T21xx & T4000 devices which have received the 31.51.0 / 3.7.8 software update

This contains the addition of the Sports section in the Main Menu. We have updated the original release notes to contain this information. 

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• JAK92JAK92 Member Posts: 14
    Will this also arrive on Plusnet boxes too with Now TV sport pass through the app? 
    Or is this going to restricted to BT youview boxes only? 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
    Hi @JAK92,
    This will also go out to Plusnet and BT retail boxes once it's finished rolling out to the main BT boxes first. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah said:
    Hi @JAK92,
    This will also go out to Plusnet and BT retail boxes once it's finished rolling out to the main BT boxes first. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Wonderful :) How long will that take? 
    Hi @JAK92
    We don't have a set time frame as to how long this will take but we'll update our software table on our support site once the rollout is complete.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • mags19mags19 Member Posts: 5
    edited 20 November 2020, 8:54AM
    Sarah, your original posting states this was being rolled out to T4000 boxes and you later told JAK92 his plusnet box would be updated once the main BT boxes were finished. It seems, having checked your 'software table' those of us with ulta hd T4000 boxes dont have a main bt box after all. The table shows bt retail boxes, humax, huawei, and even the plusnet boxes have been updated. Showing as not completed are the talk talk boxes and bt dtr t4000, and dtr 2100 (non retail). Are you suggesting that rather than renewing my bt tv contract I should go with plusnet in future?
    mags19 said:
    Sarah, your original posting states this was being rolled out to T4000 boxes and you later told JAK92 his plusnet box would be updated once the main BT boxes were finished. It seems, having checked your 'software table' those of us with ulta hd T4000 boxes dont have a main bt box after all. The table shows bt retail boxes, humax, huawei, and even the plusnet boxes have been updated. Showing as not completed are the talk talk boxes and bt dtr t4000, and dtr 2100 (non retail). Are you suggesting that rather than renewing my bt tv contract I should go with plusnet in future?
    Hi @mags19

The BT, BT retail and Plusnet boxes will have all received the 32.51.0 / 3.7.8 software update that contained bug fixes and no user facing features. The BT T4000 will have received this update before BT retail and Plusnet devices. This update completed earlier this week.

The update in this thread contains the user facing feature of Sports on the main menu. Since this is just a feature switch, the software update version has not changed. This update is currently in the process of rolling out to BT devices at the moment. Once this is complete, it will then roll out to BT retail and Plusnet boxes. 

The above are both separate software updates, as are the ones done to TalkTalk, Huawei and Humax retail boxes. 

If BT release a software update, it will always go to the box models which are originally supplied through a BT subscription (the boxes will continue to receive the updates first even if you keep the box once your subscription has ended). 

I hope that clarifies things a bit more :)

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • mags19mags19 Member Posts: 5
    Sarah, thanks for the clarification. I want to see how the sports update actually works as I gave my feedback and suggestions several weeks ago through the research community  when this update was initially being proposed.