Buffering

deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 74
edited 18 November 2020, 12:33PM in Community
Was trying to watch 911 lone star and prodigal son on now tv last night and the buffering was shocking on the t2110 and kept getting a no internet message when my internet was fine on all other device was fine.
Anybody else having issues 

@sarah

Comments

• mc2mc2 Member Posts: 30
    edited 20 November 2020, 1:02PM
    I encountered exactly the same problems deedee36 on my T2100, I posted about it in another thread.

They say they’ve fixed all of these issues on the Live TV side of Now TV but sadly that isn’t my experience, not at all. They are yet to come up with a fix for the similar problems with the On Demand side of Now TV.

I’ve instead been using my old Now TV Smart Box which was OK but today I bought a new Roku Express from Argos for £18 and Now TV works a treat.

I’ve now removed my Youview Box from my list of Now TV devices as it’s hopeless 😀
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 394 ✭✭
    edited 18 November 2020, 9:11PM
    I been getting the same at times while trying to watch Chicago Fire. Was really bad a few nights ago and last night only had the occasional buffing.
    I replied about this on another thread on here a few nights ago.
    Hope this will be fixed soon. As its now only so many week till the Christmas season when we will be watching the likes of Now TV a little more.
    Live TV seems to have been fix with me on my T 2100 box but still at times get buffing when watching on demand via the now TV app.
    Still waiting for my T2110 in bedroom to update to the new software o fix some of the bugs with Now TV.
  • deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 74
    @Darren I’m also waiting on my t2110 to update hopefully it will not be 2 long 
    edited 19 November 2020, 10:13PM
    Buffing has been a little bad again the night while watching demand(Sky Box Sets). 
    Seems to have got a little worse on my T2100 ever since the box got the update that fixed the live channels issue.

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
    Hi all,

Thanks for these reports so far. Can you please let us know of any other content that you've experienced this issue on so I can forward on to the team looking into this?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 74
    edited 20 November 2020, 2:53PM
    I expierenced it on fbi and fbi most wanted the latest episodes added,and the new season of gold rush.in general foe me it appears to happen watching most on demand from now tv,BBC iPlayer all 4 and itv hub work perfect 
    @Sarah
  • JAK92JAK92 Member Posts: 14
    Sarah said:
    Hi all,

Thanks for these reports so far. Can you please let us know of any other content that you've experienced this issue on so I can forward on to the team looking into this?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah is there an ETA on when Now TV or yourselves can sort the issue regarding 50fps. Now TV have reduced it via the app on Youview only too 25fps and it's so hard to watch especially when used too 50fps. When I questioned now TV about this they said the issue was with Youview and their devices rather than themselves. Just hope it can get resolved asap as it's been ongoing for about 2-3 months now. 
  • JAK92JAK92 Member Posts: 14
    https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

That's the issue in case you're wondering. Like I say Now TV claimed its a Youview issue and their devices causing the issue
    edited 22 November 2020, 9:08PM
    That link still dont explain the buffing issue of late with the Sky Box Sets/on demand content via Now TV app on the Youview box. As in the passed week its been even worse then normal.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
    JAK92 said:
    Sarah said:
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah is there an ETA on when Now TV or yourselves can sort the issue regarding 50fps. Now TV have reduced it via the app on Youview only too 25fps and it's so hard to watch especially when used too 50fps. When I questioned now TV about this they said the issue was with Youview and their devices rather than themselves. Just hope it can get resolved asap as it's been ongoing for about 2-3 months now. 
    Hi @JAK92
    It was restored to 50fps this afternoon so I hope this improves things for you :) 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭
     anyone any news about the problem with vod on the 4K box I got a text for couple weeks ago from BT saying that is there still a fault on going and I haven't heard nothing for a few weeks
    edited 26 November 2020, 12:38AM
    It's not just affecting 4k boxes. It's affecting most other Youview boxes as well.
    @Ken Hill1 hopefully it will be fixed soon but for now your ongoing posting about the problems and when will it be fixed will not get the problems fixed many quicker.
    I too like others would like to see the problem fixed soon.

• Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 177 ✭✭
    ok thank