Youview nearly ready

StgStg Member Posts: 10
I have a new box Bt hub and mini connectors all showing blue. I connect via hdmi to tv and indoor aerial. Its a smart tv. It won't connect and when it does it hangs on nearly ready and no way can I reset it. I have difficulty in even connecting it. 
I have tv aerial for standard freeview and virgin so this is an alternative at best. 
But it does not work so any advice please? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 November 2020, 8:14AM
    Greetings, @Stg and welcome to the Community!

When you say Virgin, are you on Virgin broadband?
    If so, you can’t use, and indeed don’t need, the BT hub; just run the PLAs off a port on the Virgin router, and see how you get on that way.
    And Virgin won’t be coming over the aerial, as it’s a cable service.

Though if Virgin isn’t your ISP, please say who is, and what your reference to Virgin actually means.
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
  • StgStg Member Posts: 10
    My ISP is BT. Virgin is Tv connected by HDMI. It had picture distortion hence i tried my bt box 
    edited 20 November 2020, 9:42AM
    Stg said:
    My ISP is BT. Virgin is Tv connected by HDMI. It had picture distortion hence i tried my bt box 
    OK, so Virgin is TV only - got it. 

Next questions - does the BT hub (router) work at all? Can you use its WiFi, on a Wi-fi device?

If so, the best thing is to take a laptop, turn off its WiFi, and plug the Ethernet cable that normally goes into the YouView box into that instead. Can you then use the laptop on the internet?
    Bt box shows blue as do both connectors plugged in at mains. It has to be coaxed into loading then hangs on youview nearly ready 
    Bt hub works fine for WiFi 
    Thanks. Can you now try the second step I edited into my 9:39 post? (You may have to refresh the display to see that).

This will tell us if the problem is with the box or with the connection path to it.
    Loaded after reset and now stuck in nearly ready hell
    Yep laptop works off ethernet with good connection
    @Stg

OK, if the laptop works over the PLAs, then the problem is with the YouView box.

I never asked you if it has ever worked though you said ‘new box’ and/or where it came from? Brand new, or just new to you? And what model is it?

But the next thing to try, either way, is a Maintenance Mode reset:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Follow the instructions for your particular box, as they vary slightly from box model to box model.

If the box has no recordings on it, or none you want to keep, use Option 5. But if it has recordings, Option 2 will preserve them.

Afterwards, you will have to retune, recreate any recording schedules (possibly), and reinput any settings you have made that are non-default.

If the Option 2 doesn’t work, though, and you still can’t get past ‘Nearly Ready’, then your only option is Option 5.

If the box still doesn’t work after an Option 5 reset, then it is irreparably faulty, and needs to go back whence it came for replacement.

Normally, I would say to try it directly off the router, without the PLAs in the connection, or to reboot those as well; but if a laptop works off Ethernet when you substitute it for the YouView box, then you have already demonstrated that it’s not the Ethernet connection at fault.
    Sorry but I can't even get maintenance mode so no possibility of reset or any option
    edited 20 November 2020, 11:01PM
    No apology needed; sorry I couldn’t help you get it going.

So it seems we are left with:-
    I never asked you if it has ever worked - though you said ‘new box’ - and/or where it came from? Brand new, or just new to you? And what model is it?
    and:-
    If the box still doesn’t work after an Option 5 reset, then it is irreparably faulty, and needs to go back whence it came for replacement.
    edited 20 November 2020, 11:11PM
    It's brand new Dt2100. It does not load. It was sent only this week to replace a broken box
    Like i said i cannot even get to maintenance mode 
    Virgin called today replaced cable and now it's worse than before so I am stuck with freeview 
    Thanks I got maintenance mode showing and tried resets but no luck. Spoke to technical help and ordered another box for my collection

For now Virgin is back after a 10 day area fault
    Id still like to have a BT option too