Now tv channels on tv guide

deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 77
is any is anyone else experiencing pixelated picture when trying to watch all now tv channels through the bt TV guide?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2020, 8:34AM
    @deedee36

You might want to ask on the BT TV Community as well, as only BT TV subscribers can see any pixels at all on these channels.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 442 ✭✭
    Cant say I have seen any pixels on the Now TV channels via the EPG on box in living room and my box in living room is connected via TP Link 300 pass though powerline adapters.. Main channels I watch are Sky One, Sky Witness and sometimes Sky Atlantic, Gold and one of the Sky Cinema channels but I tend to 8 times out of 10 watch Sky Cinema on demand if I want tio watch a movie.
    If I want to watch Now TV channels on box upstairs I have to go though the app.
    How is your box connected to the broadband.

• deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 77
    It’s connected via tp link power line adapter I changed these today to bt ones I had in the cupboard and it worked
    perfect switched back to the tp link and it stared again put the bt ones back in again and it’s been perfect all day.Very strange 
    deedee36 said:
    It’s connected via tp link power line adapter I changed these today to bt ones I had in the cupboard and it worked
    perfect switched back to the tp link and it stared again put the bt ones back in again and it’s been perfect all day.Very strange 
    Not really, PLAs can be iffy.And it’s not like BT ones are good and TP-Link ones aren’t; I earn my living over rock-solid TP-Link PLAs. But PLAs can need a little TLC from time to time; I last did a flight of resets on mine when the expected 120Mbps dropped to 90Mbps, even though they kept working fine at the slower speed.

So I would suggest you try a flight of resets with the TP-Links in place; hook it all up, reset the router and wait till it settles, reboot the PLA nearest the router and wait till it settles, reboot the other PLA and wait till it settles, and finally reboot the YouView box.

That should make them perform at least as well as the BT ones.
  • deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 77
    Reboot do you mean reset them and pair them again??
    deedee36 said:
    Reboot do you mean reset them and pair them again??
    @deedee36

Generally, power them down and power them up again. But if the instructions that come with them allow for any more drastic resets than that, give them the most drastic one you can.