No internet connection after WiFi disruption

leslieleslie Member Posts: 3
I have had no problems for years and then yesterday we lost internet due to a fault in the area. We were off for around 30 hours and now we are reconnected and everything else is working fine my box will not connect. I have rebooted the server twice and rebooted the box three times. I have tried to connect in settings and still nothing. Does anyone have any idea please?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 December 2020, 9:28AM
    leslie said:
    I have had no problems for years and then yesterday we lost internet due to a fault in the area. We were off for around 30 hours and now we are reconnected and everything else is working fine my box will not connect. I have rebooted the server twice and rebooted the box three times. I have tried to connect in settings and still nothing. Does anyone have any idea please?
    @leslie

You can get a DHCP mismatch.  Can I take it that by ‘server’ you mean your router? It isn’t a server.

Firstly though, for the router, what do you mean by reboot? Power cycle, or Reset? Power cycle is often enough, but when it isn’t, look for the router’s Reset option, and use that, as it is more far-reaching.

Any PowerLine Adapters in the mix? If so, these will need at least a power cycle also.

Likewise the YouView box reset; if that was just a power cycle, give it the reset where you touch the on/standby button for just over 8 seconds until it resets.

If still no go, try an Option 2 Maintenance Mode:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    and see how that goes.

But fettle the router first, as you don’t want to be doing an MM2 into an unresponsive router; and fixing the router may fix the problem anyway.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • @leslie In addition to @Roy’s suggestions, may I ask where WiFi fits in to your problem (you included it in the title)? Youview boxes don’t do wifi, only ethernet. So, have you checked to see iif the ethernet cable is securely connected to the box and router/powerline adapter?

If, however, your box is a Freeview Play box, which do have wifi, have you tried connecting via ethernet?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 December 2020, 9:27AM
    It was a YouView box when Leslie moved in, in 2016.

Freeview Play boxes, we refer to the Freeview helpline.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats