Guess what I spent nearly an hour fixing last night?

John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 671 ✭✭
Happy New year everyone!

Last night, I was catching up with some old recordings during the evening on one of my BT2100's, only to find that when I started playing another recording the recording was a blank dark blue screen background with just the player icon banner showing. Also the live tv was not working. 

I tried hard reset, no luck, (hoping for a quick fix) switched off & still no improvement. Thankfully the "famous" maintenance mode option 2 worked straight away. Your "best friend" when you run into a problem. That was the easy part, as most of you know, you spend ages keying in the App passwords etc when reconfiguring the box. The recording schedules automatically were all restored from the cloud, which is a brilliant backup design when it works. Only the watch list vanished. All good fun, but wasted approx. an hour doing all this. Maybe the Youview box was tired at the end of the year! At least I managed to fix the problem before the London fireworks came on. Here's to 2021. John L
Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 

Comments

• SavenSaven Member Posts: 38
    ‘Guess what I spent nearly an hour fixing last night?’

In my experience, a 15 minute job. Jobs around the house have a 4 factor. They take 4 times as long as they should. Garden jobs have a 6 factor. And decorating and big jobs need a calendar.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 461
    edited 2 January 2021, 11:01AM
    No factor for big jobs in our house, always start them next week.
    Happy new year 🥳
    Ignore this if you disagree.