Humax DTR T2000

Amanda7Amanda7 Member Posts: 1
Every time I turn the box on it needs to update the software. I did this the first time and then did a factory re-set the second time it happened. I can't watch TV while the box is updating and its not recording programmes until the update is done.  Help please

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 671 ✭✭

Hi Amanda7, welcome to forum.

You mentioned factory reset, did you try the maintenance mode reset?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Option 2 and hopefully this will fix your problem. Please let us know how you get on. John L

Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭
    @John L

A real from-the-Settings Factory Reset goes several layers deeper than an MM2.

@Amanda7, is that what you did, or did just just power cycle the box? If the latter, try John L’s advice.

If the former, though, then it sounds as if your box is not connected to the internet, and so isn’t getting the update and so keeps retrying, which would require further investigation.
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • aedwar80aedwar80 Member Posts: 3
    After my first box failed to connect after the maintenance rest, did Humax suggest a factory reset.Now nothing works because it  will not connect to the internet. If your box still functions as tuner recorder then hold onto that.Don't factory reset or you will be left with nothing.