It's only gone on since day 1. stop making easy add ons and fix it

cheaptatcheaptat Member Posts: 1
Apparently the box is trying to enable content protection ( communicate) with my projector- projectors project, they don't communicate. A feature NO other box is doing, awesome huh !
So the only stuff that looks good on a projector HD(MI) can't be projected... 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 January 2021, 10:35PM
    @cheaptat

I’ll try this tomorrow on my projector, but I know of no reason why a YouView box would not communicate with a projector on the same basis on which it would communicate with a TV; that the HDMI cable is good, and that the projector observes the HDCP rules for a sink (target) device.

Do you know both these things to be true? 

What is the spec of the HDMI cable, and does it work to pass the YouView output up to your TV?

What is the make and model of the projector and what level of HDCP is it certified at?

What is the make and model of the YouView box, and (perhaps less importantly) what software release is it on?

What, exactly, are you trying to project from the YouView box? Linear, catch-up or recording? Programme, channel or app, or what? 

Does it work if you swap in the TV instead of the projector on the far end of that HDMI cable?

Oh, and the communication in question is not any sort of onward transmission from the projector; it’s the transmission to the projector.
    Yes, indeed a projector only projects; but it wouldn’t have anything to project, unless communication from the YouView box was ongoing....
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...