Missing apps from Sony

johnnymcejohnnymce Member Posts: 6
edited 12 January 2021, 9:52AM in Support
good morning, my sony bravi smart tv also only has my5 and bbciplayer on the players menu. been trying to get stv player on through the apps but cant get it there either. is there any way to get more players on youview? says there should be a lot more. i am on the youview guide an it goes back days and ive tried reboting like you said but still nothing.

thanks

Comments

• johnnymcejohnnymce Member Posts: 6
    good morning, my sony bravi smart tv also only has my5 and bbciplayer on the players menu. been trying to get stv player on through the apps but cant get it there either. is there any way to get more players on youview? says there should be a lot more. i am on the youview guide an it goes back days and ive tried reboting like you said but still nothing.

thanks
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭
    johnnymce said:

thanks
    @johnnymce

You should be able to get any missing players from the Google Android TV store. Is that where you looked?

And can you let us know the model number of your TV, and which software release it is on, both PKG number and Android version?
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
    i have tried looking on the play store through the tv app menu but it doesnt pick up stv player, 4od or any other tv apps except my5 and bbci player.

device name : KD-55XF8577
    Version. 8.0.0
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,676 admin
    johnnymce said:
    i have tried looking on the play store through the tv app menu but it doesnt pick up stv player, 4od or any other tv apps except my5 and bbci player.

device name : KD-55XF8577
    Version. 8.0.0
    Hi johnnymce
    Can you please let us know if you have the aerial plugged into the TV? Some apps require regional information in order to provide you with the right content for your region and the right app version. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    hi Sarah yes there is an aerial plugged in and we get all the channels, just when we goto players it only gives us my5 and bbci player. ive tried deleting cache and data and re tuning again but still nothing
    johnnymce said:
    hi Sarah yes there is an aerial plugged in and we get all the channels, just when we goto players it only gives us my5 and bbci player. ive tried deleting cache and data and re tuning again but still nothing
    Hi johnnymce
    Just to confirm, these are in the YouView part of the user interface rather than the Sony part? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    yes im going in through youview plus youview is my default on my tv. says youview at the top and when i goto menu then players it just has my5 and bbci player
    johnnymce said:
    yes im going in through youview plus youview is my default on my tv. says youview at the top and when i goto menu then players it just has my5 and bbci player
    Thanks for letting us know. When you try and use My5 or iPlayer, do they both work and launch content without any issues? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    yeah sarah both work perfectly
    johnnymce said:
    yeah sarah both work perfectly
    Can you please try factory resetting the TV and let us know if this helps at all? Instructions on how to do this can be found here
    Thanks,
    Sarah