You view box is temperamental

CoboCobo Member Posts: 1
edited 5 February 2021, 3:00PM in Support
Recently the BBC channels started to become blank. So fiddled with the aerial nothing happened. The next day all the channels where blank. Again I thought it was aerial so fiddled with the aerial. Still happened. So I took the youview to another TV. The youview box wouldn’t turn on. I took the Youview box to the original TV and still the Youview box wouldn’t turn on. A few days later I turned it on and it turned on but still the channels where blank and so I turned it off and I left it. Then a few days later I turned it on this time it wouldn’t turn on. The next day I tried again this time it turns on but the channels were still blank. The Youview is currently connected to a old TV using a scart lead. I thought maybe the problem is with the Scart lead. So I then connected the Youview box to a modern TV using a HDMI. Now the Youview box won’t turn on. I don’t know what to do. 🤷‍♂️

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 728 ✭✭
    edited 5 February 2021, 9:48AM
    Cobo said:
    Recently the BBC channels started to become blank. So fiddled with the aerial nothing happened. The next day all the channels where blank. Again I thought it was aerial so fiddled with the aerial. Still happened. So I took the youview to another TV. The youview box wouldn’t turn on. I took the Youview box to the original TV and still the Youview box wouldn’t turn on. A few days later I turned it on and it turned on but still the channels where blank and so I turned it off and I left it. Then a few days later I turned it on this time it wouldn’t turn on. The next day I tried again this time it turns on but the channels were still blank. The Youview is currently connected to a old TV using a scart lead. I thought maybe the problem is with the Scart lead. So I then connected the Youview box to a modern TV using a HDMI. Now the Youview box won’t turn on. I don’t know what to do. 🤷‍♂️
    Good morning Cobo,
    Welcome to forum. Firstly which model of Youview box do you have? Model number can be found on rear of box. How old is the box? Have you tried the various fixes: soft reset, maintenance mode reset. How do I do this, I hear you ask? All solutions can be found via search bar at top of this page under help/support, or reading through tips/advice on forum. Depending on how old box is hopefully a solution can be found. Please let forum know more details and I am sure someone can help you today. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 409 ✭✭
    @Cobo, follow the advice from @John L, and if all fails and you are in contract with BT or TalkTalk post on their forum. They may well send you a new box.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 728 ✭✭
    edited 5 February 2021, 11:53AM
    @Cobo, follow the advice from @John L, and if all fails and you are in contract with BT or TalkTalk post on their forum. They may well send you a new box.
    Cobo, you haven't mentioned if this is your own Youview box that you purchased yourself or as mentioned above via a contract/subscription. If retail, still within warranty contact retailer, if subscription contact ISP provider, or fix it yourself as with my advice so far. This is what most users do in first instant to determine if box is faulty or maybe a simple fix to solve problem. You could solve problem in a few minutes or at least within half an hour. Hope this helps you/please let forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.