0 recordings what is it

i give up talking to them talk talk either via email or chat they still dont quite understand the 0 recordings everything seems fine they say what is your issue or explain more still no answer they tried giving me a box replacement and said i dont need it as its fine are you certain its a recording problem i give up talking to them as ive spoken to them loads of times and they still say i cant understand what it means ray told me there is no recordings going on thats what it means as no recordings i give up explaining it doesnt seem to be recording issue we have carried out tests to get to this and got no where ive been online to them all day trying to sort it and still nothing so i believe i told them this watching recording and stopping it via stop button it brings up that message and closing it via remote still pops up so its a trigger between the stop button and close  via remote that it brings it up nothing else triggers it they havent got a clue on this if its a recording feature going wrong how can it affect it i dont believe it is tried everything there is no point talking to them via chat or forum if they still cant explain i got through to tech team he thinks error code i thought that is the reason it cant be recordings as there ok if i spoke to another provider with this issue  if was with them now like virgin  they will understand but this company doesnt have a clue jonathan

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Hi Jonathan,

You should have posted back on your original thread to keep the issue in one place and for continuity.

Can you confirm if you have followed any of the advice given on those threads please? The advice given there is the best to follow, plus posting on the TalkTalk forum, which is a much better place to get their help and advice than via their helplines.

I don't think anyone can offer any further advice until you confirm the steps you have actually taken.

• I've tried using their forum but the cheek of them said you can't use our forum site as you have to be a member first and we can't allow you to join us sorry you go to another forum site so wrong I did sign up to begin with ok then I posted something and they said you can no longer join us sorry find somewhere else as we can't accept you virgin media accept me on their forum but I'm no longer with them 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭
    Jonathan, who did you try to sign in as?

Maybe they didn’t like you masquerading as somebody famous.

Might not be a bad idea for on here, also.....
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    Anyone can join the TalkTalk forum (even if they are not customers), but you do have to be signed in to post.

The only time anyone has an issue is if they try and sign up twice with the same email address.

If you have signed up previously, try logging in again and if it will not let you sign in, try the forgotten password route.

Having said this, can you please answer whether you have tried the resets advised. Thank you.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2021, 10:17AM
    i give up talking to them talk talk either via email or chat they still dont quite understand the 0 recordings everything seems fine they say what is your issue or explain more still no answer they tried giving me a box replacement and said i dont need it as its fine are you certain its a recording problem i give up talking to them as ive spoken to them loads of times and they still say i cant understand what it means ray told me there is no recordings going on thats what it means as no recordings i give up explaining it doesnt seem to be recording issue we have carried out tests to get to this and got no where ive been online to them all day trying to sort it and still nothing so i believe i told them this watching recording and stopping it via stop button it brings up that message and closing it via remote still pops up so its a trigger between the stop button and close  via remote that it brings it up nothing else triggers it they havent got a clue on this if its a recording feature going wrong how can it affect it i dont believe it is tried everything there is no point talking to them via chat or forum if they still cant explain i got through to tech team he thinks error code i thought that is the reason it cant be recordings as there ok if i spoke to another provider with this issue  if was with them now like virgin  they will understand but this company doesnt have a clue jonathan
    Jonathan,
    My advice . . . Look at all the help you have received on the Youview forum and start with the steps that we have suggested first. In most cases, the problem could be fixed by you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    edited 28 February 2021, 11:06PM
    Puts me in mind of Lucky’s famous speech from Waiting for Godot....😛
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    I think Jonathan came here for assistance not for a grammer lesson. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    kodikid said:
    I think Jonathan came here for assistance not for a grammer (sic) lesson. 
    Chip in then, if you have anything useful to say.
    kodikid said:
    Yes, but unfortunately he either has not followed such advice, or not told us the outcome of taking the advice given, now spread over 3 threads.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2021, 8:58PM
    kodikid said:
    Grammar, punctuation and spelling are elements of a person's writing style.
    Rule 12 of The rules of our community says "Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc."
    The fact that Jonathan/@michellekeegan has not followed advice given does not make it OK to have a pop at their punctuation.

edited
    @jonesh

I hope that remark was aimed at me, and not at @John L’s well-meaning suggestion of how the OP might make themself better understood, the failure to communicate seemingly being a large part of the problem?