Elgato Video Capture

SusanHSusanH Member Posts: 1
Hello - I would like some help.  I have bought am Elgato Video Capture so that I can put all my dvd's and small tapes on to my laptop and although I have connected everything using the adaptor that was in the box, I only have a red and white port at the back of my VHS.  When I turn it all on and put in a tape and follow the instructions online I receive a message which tells me I don't have a signal.

My second question is that I have piles of tapes and I am wondering how much space I will need on my MacBook Air - when I recently tried to download Big Sur it seems I don't have sufficient space to do so.  How do I/can I add additional 'ram' to my laptop?

Huge thanks in advance for any help that I am offered and please assume I am a total novice and so please use simple tech language and explanations!  

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    edited 7 March 2021, 7:02PM
    Hi @SusanH,
    Welcome to the forum. Do you have a Youview box that you need help with? John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    @SusanH,

I think you are on the wrong forum here as this deals with issues with YouView devices.

You would be better off looking for a forum for your Elgato device or a Mac forum for advice.
    @Stevef_fr8ys,
    I thought we covered everything? Can you help me with my lawnmower? John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 March 2021, 8:27AM
    John L said:
    @Stevef_fr8ys,
    @John L

You want somebody to come to your fescue? 
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 March 2021, 10:04AM
    I hope that you got your video capture device working @SusanH
    Roy said:
    John L said:
    @Stevef_fr8ys,
    @John L

You want somebody to come to your fescue? 
    Yes please. I want to know if I can watch TV while mowing the lawn. Will I get a good reception? John L